Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Newbie Check-In Thread!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome all Newbies! Please make a post here about yourself, your interests, and your rigs (pic if possible). Arctic Offroad members rigs are HERE if you're interested. Welcome

cruzer

my name is bill kinzner and I have a 66 landcruiser. I'll be joining you guys this summer for some fun. I have to wait for the warmer weather since I haven't put a heater in yet. I have a 4" skyjacker lift plus 2" shackles. My cruzer has a 350 in it with headers, mallory ignition, edelbrock carb and intake and a beefy cam, just waiting to be installed with dual flowmasters running out the back. I have a bunch of little stuff to do before I start driving it. It will probably be a couple months until I have my roll bar built and then I can run with you. I posted some pics at http://members.cardomain.com/66cruzer :o

antifriend

hi, I'm Eric Johnson. drive a 1990 Toyota Landcruiser, FJ62. going to put a 4 inch lift on it as soon as schools out, and some 33s. it already has some stuff, you might see it driving around fairbanks.
[Image: summer123.jpg]
It's pretty capable now, just needs some more clearance and some ARB airlockers :?

greengo

fawkin sweet, more toyotas. welcome guys, hope to see you this summer...
Bill and Eric - both rigs look sweet! But Bill - who needs a heater? It's supposed to be 30-40 this weekend! :cold: Welcome.
hey,
my name is damien and i live in fairbanks, this is great to finally have a good group of four wheelers in the interior. i have an '89 heep wrangler (better known as mousee or money pit). fresh 4.2l with an rv cam, header,straight pipe,thottle body conversion,sm420 tranny,stock t-case with tailshaft conversion,lockright in rear,and mild lift for 33"ers in summer. looks like shat, but runs good. before summer i will be making the change to spring over with full width chevy axles and dana300 t-case and 35"s.
my wifes name is joanna, she has an '89 heep wrangler thats mostly stock (for now...) except for the 4" pro comp lift with 33"ers.
hope to see y'all on the trails this summer.

Advent

Why's everyone wait for summer? It's great to 'wheel in the winter!
says the guy who rides along because his "GIR" looky goofy with stock tires! :K:
What's up with that GIR thing, anyway?

Advent

sevenslats Wrote:says the guy who rides along because his "GIR" looky goofy with stock tires! :K:
What's up with that GIR thing, anyway?

It doesn't look goofy, it just can't do jack! I sink faster than a stock TJ, because my springs (under the axle) shovel snow.

But it's still better than plowing into stuff on the road with the 33's...I've done that enough, thank you. I'll have the 33's back on in a month or so.

GIR...There's this cartoon called "Invader Zim"...Zim is an alien, who's here to conquer the planet earth. But he's not very well liked, so they gave him a helper robot (named GIR) who's made out of spare parts and trash, with a penny and a paper clip for a brain. It's always disobeying, forgetting what it's supposed to do, breaking down, etc, etc, etc. I figured it'd be a perfect name for my rig :ROL:

cruzer

ChevyKev Wrote:Bill and Eric - both rigs look sweet! But Bill - who needs a heater? It's supposed to be 30-40 this weekend! :cold: Welcome.
I backed it out of the garage yesterday and found I had no brakes. There's a nice puddle of fluid by my rf. I have to fix that and get my gas tank plumbed the rest of the way in and I'm game. :!:
if it wasn't for the rear pinion ready to go...
have to make it last... just a few more weeks...
downfalls of the dailey driver.
but yes i agree, winter is awsome wheelin'
this is the first winter i havn't made it out yet. Sad

ArcticJeepN

Woaaa Nice web site folks.....

Keith and Felicia here..
Been AK residents since 92 and JeepN every year..Mine is a week old Yellow Sport TJ..dana 44 ect... Hers is that Red Rubi without the Sticker you see running around, (Yes it goes offroad).....My old Jeep was that Orange TJ SE that was running around....and before that the Blue 76 Cherokee..

Anyhow I've met some of you allready..so hope to do some trail rides with you..
Happy JeepN
ArcticJeepN Wrote:Woaaa Nice web site folks.....

Keith and Felicia here..
Been AK residents since 92 and JeepN every year..Mine is a week old Yellow Sport TJ..dana 44 ect... Hers is that Red Rubi without the Sticker you see running around, (Yes it goes offroad).....My old Jeep was that Orange TJ SE that was running around....and before that the Blue 76 Cherokee..

Anyhow I've met some of you allready..so hope to do some trail rides with you..
Happy JeepN

Missy and I talked with Felicia today when we returned the rental car. She filled us in on your many Jeeps and such. Thanks for visiting the site, and maybe we'll catch you guys on a trail run.

nate379

Hey. Name is Nathan... Nate for short

I run a 98 Jeep ZJ. Run 33s, TJ D30, Exploder 8.8, 4.56s and ARBs. XJ T Case. ARB bumper with Warn XD9000. RE 4.5" lift plus 2" coils right now, but 4 link rear and long arms coming soon.

Been on the Northern board for a while... back when it was the orignal board a few years ago. Live in Anchorage.

Got some pics here..... http://208.171.83.42/jeep

holeski

Hello, nice to hear from ya.

JohnnyQuest

Hey guys,
Love the new site. I checked in a few months ago but was so ate up I couldn't figure out how to post pics of my rig. Finally got set up on cardomain.com tho. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys when I PCS to Eielson from Kunsan next March. In the mean time... the juicies say "Hi!" :boobies:

[Image: 556810_2_full.jpg]
Kunsan, huh? Lucky dog ! :ROL:
Whatcha do over there, besides go to Osan and drink? I just left there in Oct '01. Been here since.
Give is some specs/plans for the Rubi. We'll help you prioritize based on the local terrain.
Welcome.

Oh, and to post pics here on this site, you have to be a culb member.

flytarget

Hey, I am John Wilber from Ft. Wainwright. I rode Manchu with yall a few months back, but I have been having massive trouble with my truck, and only now am I getting back in the game.

I have a 98 Dodge Ram 1500, 3in Rancho lift, 385 Discover tires, K&N, Flowmaster, and Hypertech chip. There are many many more mods planned for the future if I am ever able to having to repair the transmission and put the money into mods.

Hopefully I will be around alot more, and to know yall. Thats the plan anyway, but as always, its not really up to me, its up to the truck.

My truck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/flyntarget

ARMYEOD

Hello everyone,

My name is Patrick Belle-Oudry, I live in Wasilla, right down the street from the B29/swiftwater creek trail head to be exact. I own two Land Cruisers and a older 4wd Suburban.

My Fj-40 is a Sep 74' it has a 1.5F / 4spd trans / 3 spd transfer, hot ignition, dual lockers, 4 wheel disks, power steering, full roll cage, Warn 8274, Spring over, RS9000 shocks, 35in MTR's soon to be bigger tires and regeared to 4.88, and other stuff.

My Fj-60 is a 85' Very hot 2F with lumpy cam, milled head, header, hot ignition, SM 465 trans mated to a NP203 gear reduction section and a Wardens billet aluminum transfer case total of 137x1 gearing w/ 16 foward gear choices, 4.56 axle ratio, full length roof rack, snorkle, Lincoln locker in the rear, FJ-80 electric locker in the front, 4 wheel disk brakes, LARGE 3 draw tool box in the back, Warn HS9500, on board air compressor, home made rock sliders, back bumper and front winch mount out of 3/16" steel ( a little over kill I think), 37in MTR's, sprung over, RS9000 shocks, on board shower, and other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

My tow rig is a 3/4 ton 89 chevy suburban used in combination with my 18 foot tandem axle trailer to tow my Fj-40. It has a TBI 350, TH400, NP272, cruise, dark tint, uniden cb w/weather band, Tecunsah prodigy brake controller, it pulls My Fj-40 at 60-65 MPH and gets 9-10 MPG doing it and about 14-15 MPG not pulling the trailer, better than some newer trucks with no payments and $27.00 a month for insurance. Gotta love it! and I can get parts from Walmart for it not like My Cruisers.

Thanks for letting Me ramble Hope to see you guys in the future.
Pat

Advent

ARMYEOD Wrote:I can get parts from Walmart for it not like My Cruisers.

So, so true.

Welcome!

The more 'Cruiser and Toyota people in this state, the better! 8)

Sounds like you've got a couple of fun rigs there...I'd like to see that Warden's case...I've heard they're quite nice.
Advent Wrote:
ARMYEOD Wrote:I can get parts from Walmart for it not like My Cruisers.

So, so true...

Hey, don't knock it 'till the 28th. You never know, they might carry Pig parts.

antifriend

the 55s are the iron pigs, he doesn't own one.... :?

Advent

anti-friend Wrote:the 55s are the iron pigs, he doesn't own one.... :?

Woohoo! Another person with the same pet peeve as I!

Though, I do hope some day to become a Knight of the Iron Pigs 8)

antifriend

Iron pigs are cool, but my wagon isn't one Smile I own a pre-soccer mom SUV :ROL:

oddjob

howdy, been lurking on your site for a while, pretty spiffy. I wheel my junk on Wainwright whenever I can, need some cash before I go big > 94 GMC 33's 4.10's 14blt rear I'd go SAS w/ leaves if I found a decent d44.

holeski

Good to hear from you. Sounds like we are hearing from more people form FT.W.W and Fairbanks area. We need more on this side to go spur of the moment wheeling.