Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: EMERGENCY!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't do my axles in my garage without the smell making Megan sick. The house is a duplex with the garages between the living areas. I need to find a person / place willing to rent me some garage space to do this work for the rest of the winter and I need to get the stuff out of my garage this weekend. When spring rolls around I can work outside but I absolutely can't keep making it smell in my garage.

I'd be limited to wrenching on the weekends. Weekdays just wouldn't work between job, kiddo, homework, etc.
My garage is attached as well. What exactly is making the smell? If all else fails, there's the auto skills center. I'll give you a hand hauling them to wherever you find a spot.
I don't think it's that bad but Megan says it's making her sick.

Tonight it's gear oil and WD40. Last time it was brakecleaner.
I was kicking around the idea of lining up 6 box fans side to side with the door closed down on them. I keep the interior door closed when I'm working out there but she says the smell still carries through the house. I'm thinking that many fans with the interior door cracked will give me good ventillationout of the house.
I dunno how well that would work. How old is Megan? I won't argue that gear oil is one of the worst smells in the world. Especially if you spill some on your drop-light. The absolute worst. I hope no one dug that thing out of the dumpster.

TJVigilante

Megan is around his age, they're engaged. Big Grin

ziggy

I had this same problem at our Downtown store the smell of the shop dooing fuel filters and such was getting upstairs into our Accounting office,
We fixed the problem By sealing the whole pirimeter to the shop all the cracks in the walls and celing and joints with calking made a big difference.

The girls up there did not like my saying this is not a Flower shop its gonna have smells lol..So we emprovised.
:oops: I thought he had a daughter.
sevenslats Wrote::oops: I thought he had a daughter.

A son - Robert - 6 years old. (previous marriage) Shared custody while she's still in town or until I PCS then I have full custody.

Megan is my girlfriend of 2 years and now, yes, fiance' since last Nov. The wedding is in June at Chena Hotsprings in the ice hotel. It'll be small but we're planning an open invite reception BBQ the following day or so.

...providing I don't drive her away with this buildup project... thus the EMERGENCY.