Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Shocks limit travel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm installing the lift kit on my truck and came across a possible problem. The truck came with quad shocks on the front and I bought the longer shocks needed. I went to install the auxillary shock and at full extension, it's still about an 1" too short. I don't think this is right, but I checked BDS's website and it is the correct shock according to them.

I measured the original shocks travel, and the auxillary shock had about 2-3/4" longer travel than the single shock. I also measured the new shocks and both have the same amount of travel.

If I get in a situation where one side unloads, the shock will be limiting the travel, not the spring. What do you think?

Advent

That's the case with many rigs.

Mine limit both up and down travel.

It's not ideal at all, but that doesn't mean it's abnormal.
I just went out and double checked it. My son didn't pull out the shock all the way. I pulled it all the way to the stop and there will be 2 - 3" of extra shock travel when the suspension is at max drop. Everythings good. I just have to get the boy lifting weights more now :p