Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Got to use 4WD today. woohoo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time in a while. Got a call from Darick (sp?) while I was putting together my shed. He told me he was going out to pull a guy out of a mud hole that was supposedly sitting on the frame and was a full size chevy. I told I'd be on my way. After a little driving around and miscommunication from the guys Darick found me and we found them. He was in pretty good. He was too far in to be winched from the front. So we found an entrance the come in from the other side. Darick hooked up the winch, we used a make shift winch weight and out the guy came. Darick had to turn the wheels some as he was getting pulled a little. Then just to throw salt on the wound I put it in 4wd and went on threw the mud hole throwing mud everywhere. Then Darick came on through and the guy drove around. He was thankful and his pride hurt alittle after we went through. He was talking about Darick's winch and talked like he was going to get one now. Who knows he might become a prospect and we could have a first late model chevy with IFS in the club. Pics soon as my computer is not cooperating with me right now.
I love when you can salt the wound. That was a good hole and I started to wonder if I was going to make it.

I think we need a thread of rigs we find stuck. Just a photo and discription of what happened. I'd like to see how many times I find the same guys stuck on FT WW.
Keep up the service, guys.
I love it when the folks are willing to listen, too. Education is part of the job!
Ok some pics finally. The sun glared out most of them.
[Image: DSCF0847.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0847.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0852.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0849.jpg]

Notice the gloves.
[Image: DSCF0853.jpg]

For some reason in the pics it doesn't look that bad.

TJVigilante

Phht...not even to the hubs and he's got MT's....driver mod needs to be installed immediately.
I almost called you again. I got a call at lunch from some guy who was stuck. I went out to check it out and there was 3 trucks stuck in the same area. Each one got stuck trying to get out the other. Iended up getting them all out but it took some work. I don't even know them. They got my number from a guy who got it from a guy. I seem to have a good recovery business going on and I did not even try to start it. Word of mouth seems to spread fast.

TJVigilante

Are you charging? Sounds like a pretty lucrative business.

I'd charge for the use of the winch..those things get pretty pricey to fix.