Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Guess Nate's new rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's our clues so far:
naturalbornmudder Wrote:...the new NBM mobile...operation Lil' Chief?
http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forum/showt...php?t=5176
http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forum/showt...php?t=5177

TJVigilante

2wd XJ. :p

naturalbornmudder

I won't hold on to the secret too long.

Heres the scoop...
I was lookign all weekend between Chucky Cheeses, Build a bear workshop, and all the cool out-to-eat restraunts.
I almost bought a cheap 81 Cherokee chief on 35's and a 4" lift but it was going to need quite a bit to get it right. A quick call to George the FSJ guru, and Kelly the IM and vacuum line guru, and I decided this wasnt the right route for me.

Still wanting to increase my horsepower, wheel base, and seating capacity, I finally came across a deal I wanted.

I picked up a 95 Grand Cherokee in dark green/grey leather with the 5.2L V-8. Immediate needs are just the basic. Cleaning, washing, removal of silly side steps, detailing, etc.

Holy crap! I didnt remember what it was like to have power!

In the distant future is a T case swap, maybe a manual tranny swap, 4" lift, 31's, rear axle, tire carrier, winch bumper, and roof rack.

naturalbornmudder

by the way, the T case swap is because I want to get rid of the quadratrac all time case. It is just high or low, no 2wd...

TJVigilante

Figured as much. :p
naturalbornmudder Wrote:by the way, the T case swap is because I want to get rid of the quadratrac all time case. It is just high or low, no 2wd...

Those are a lot less quircky than "Selectrac". No real 4hi, though. All wheel drive or 4lo.
how many miles are on it?

with the 5.2, you should have the HDd44, no?

naturalbornmudder

70K on th eodomater...

I only have the rear disc braked Dana 35 in the rear, surprisingly enough.

akdsmer

Alright! I can be part of the grand cherokee brotherhood!
:thefinger:

1 wasn't good enough? it took nate?

:walksawaywithnoseintheair:

TJVigilante

2 zj's, 2 bubble-j's(including tom's)...it's certainly turning a bit more up-scale around here. :p

We'll see what happens when my wife wants to trade in the Dodge. Either a Grand Cherokee or a 4-door Wrangler.

INDIANOUTLAW

now here's a winch bumper sans winch for a couple more days. i would have sold it to you a a good price too. oh well congrat's on the new ride.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...rialNumber]

TJVigilante

Wow...don't know what to say to that one. Definitely different.

He wouldn't have been able to use it though...the 81 Cherokee Chief is an FSJ, not XJ.
TJVigilante Wrote:2 zj's, 2 bubble-j's(including tom's)...it's certainly turning a bit more up-scale around here. :p

We'll see what happens when my wife wants to trade in the Dodge. Either a Grand Cherokee or a 4-door Wrangler.

Yeah but I don't see mine getting much off road use LOL

naturalbornmudder

Quote:
almost bought a cheap 81 Cherokee chief on 35's and a 4" lift but it was going to need quite a bit to get it right

Quote:
Still wanting to increase my horsepower, wheel base, and seating capacity, I finally came across a deal I wanted.

I picked up a 95 Grand Cherokee in dark green/grey leather with the 5.2L V-8.
:nopics:

naturalbornmudder

Ill try to get some tonnight. Between PT, speeches, marching,a nd editing, I dont have much time.
Ha.
:liar:
One word, Clayton's, do it once and do it right.

INDIANOUTLAW

TJVigilante Wrote:Wow...don't know what to say to that one. Definitely different.

thanks i like to be different. i hate to conform, and besides i can say i built it myself instead of buying the same junk everyone else has.

He wouldn't have been able to use it though...the 81 Cherokee Chief is an FSJ, not XJ.
actually i can make it fit just about any rig b/c i have some very usefull tools and the ability to use them to there potential.that with a little creativity and almost anythings possible.
I thought I was getting sick when I woke up this morning. Had a dream I bought a Jeep.

FlatBlackXJ

Maybe it was an omen...

naturalbornmudder

Quote:
I thought I was getting sick when I woke up this morning. Had a dream I bought a Jeep.
I remember a 4 banger pulling a Ford V-8...I dunno where that was at, and I won't mention who's Ford it was, but...:whistle::p:poke::tease::hide:
You mean acting as winch anchor right? Wink
:myself: My mistake. Just remembered the last pull was with your winch. Easier to drag the cable downhill.
Hmm. '95 w/ the 5.2 V8. Definitely go with the t-case swap! I swapped in a 242 on the '93 ZJ I used to wheel prior to AO becoming a club, and that was one of the best swaps I did on that rig. Just be careful with the D35 behind V8 power after doing the tcase swap!

ZJs are great all-around rigs - especially once you get rid of the soccer-mom Quadra-crap tcase.
Pages: 1 2