Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

anou

f150 and a chevy 1500 stuck out back on 28 mile pond. probably a quarter mile in. 4 miles south of eielson. cash help whatever it takes. 377-5255 or 750-0618. ask for will or mike. thanks.

FlatBlackXJ

I would like to help, but I've got to work. If they are still out there later when I get off I'll come out.
Tyler,

Give me a hollar before you head out and I'll go with you. 978-9011

FlatBlackXJ

Mark what time do you get off work? I need to go to White-Spruce today to buy my trailer, so I would need to pull him out afterwards. I've got another friend with a Dodge 2500 on some cruddy mud terrains that said he would be a heavy weight.
I just got home now, give me a call. (Block training)

I need to get a haircut and drop some stuff off to get patches.
Just talked to the owner of the Chevy, we're planning to head out there around 5 after he gets off work.

If we could get a few folks to go along with us that would be great.

Winches would be good. If we could get 3 rigs, that would be great.

This is about 4 miles south of the base.

Let me know if you can help out.
If you need me give me a call. I'll drive down if you need me but that is a long drive to watch. 512-639-2542 leave me a message if I don't answer.

FlatBlackXJ

There's $100 in it for you Darick if you come out...Wink
Kev can come out to help around 5 as well. We have to pull out the F150 first, go through the mud hole it's stuck in, then go to where the Chevy got stuck, in another mud hole.

Lots of mud for those who venture here.
Man I wish I didn't have to work or I would go out their with ya's.
Headed out momentarily.

FlatBlackXJ

Both are out, only one tire damaged(busted bead) other than that Kevin's 12K did all the work.
What a funny turn of events. Kev blows a U-joint only two miles from home (if that) and has to go back for repairs.

I couldn't drag the Ford from it's hole, so I went to the highway (to mark where Kev had to go) and since he wasn't there, fixed my turn signals. Kev and Tyler pass me before I have the column back together and get them out. I put the wheel back on only to find I have no power to anything in my truck. The power wire I made for the wipers has come off and grounded itself blowing the HUGE 50 amp fuse on my firewall. It took almost 30 minutes of playing with the test light to find that was my problem. Jury rigged a piece of wire to do the job till I can get a new fuse tomorrow. I get out there to find everyone about to leave.

Kev has a potential job as a Chevy owner wants a tube bumper, and a Ford guy will probably give Ole a ring.

The guy in the maroon Chevy that's been recovered by us twice is a guy I worked with at DM. Oh the fun.
Did anyone get any pic's?

FlatBlackXJ

One of the guys there had pics and said he was going to e-mail them to me tomorrow. We'll see if that happens...
Who's gonna call me for what now?
When you get to workin' on your D60/9" hybrid, there's someone who might be interested in your D44. He's a Ford nut and would like to talk Ford with anyone, or at least it seemed that way. He feels like he's about the only one running a Ford.

FlatBlackXJ

AKMark Wrote:He feels like he's about the only one running a Ford.

Wonder why?:whistle:

Anyway here are some pictures:
[Image: 100_0163.jpg]
Ford up to the top of the wheel wells...
[Image: 100_0164.jpg]
Connecting the strap.
[Image: 100_0165.jpg]
The stuck.
[Image: 100_0166.jpg]
More stuck.
[Image: 100_0167.jpg]
Mark trying with Kev's strap...breaking it.
[Image: 100_0175.jpg]
Kev hooking up his 12K.
[Image: 100_0176.jpg]
Me hooking onto Kev because his big butt couldn't stay still.
[Image: 100_0178.jpg]
On the way out.
[Image: 100_0179.jpg]
Out.
[Image: 100_0181.jpg]
Going to the Chevy.
[Image: 100_0182.jpg]
On the way we found the hole the ford was stuck in, no problems for us.
[Image: 100_0194.jpg]
Kev hooking to the Chevy, he didn't want a Jeep to claim another Chevy I guess.
[Image: 100_0195.jpg]
My goofy self.
Nice! No pic's of the Chevy?

FlatBlackXJ

Nah, he was the one that sent the pictures so I guess they got 'lost' in transit...he was stuck pretty good too. He was deep enough that his tailpipe was halfway submerged.

TJVigilante

Ha...too embarrassed to take pics of his own truck. That's priceless. Big Grin

that's a pretty cool looking little strip of land...I wouldn't mind trying it out if it were closer to town.

FlatBlackXJ

Ok got some pictures of the Chevy:
[Image: 100_0183.jpg]

[Image: 100_0184.jpg]

[Image: 100_0185.jpg]
Is that the same Chevy that got stuck and you gave me a ring to help get him out?
Yup, same guy.

He wants different bumpers so he doesn't drag so much.

He is learning that he needs more lift and larger tires to go to the places he's trying to go.