Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: transfer site chevy's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There have been a lot of chevy trucks dropped off at the transfer site lately, 6 or 7 in the last 2 weeks. My wife thinks I am nuts, but I found one with a 14Bolt FF rear which I grabbed, and I just grabbed a K5 rear seat which I will modify to fit in the back of the suburban. These trucks are usually pretty stripped of parts, no engines, transmissions, or axles (except for the 14FFBig Grin Big Grin ) but some little stuff is still there. There is currently a K5 and a regular cab chevy 2wd.... no drivetrain in either one, not much left. the K5 has one bucket seat left in it. Wiring and odds and ends is all thats left. Anway I am keeping my eyes peeled, just in case any more show up.
Mark the one I was telling you about is still there as of I just got back at this time.
Tom, I may try to pick up the FF today or tonight if I can.
i just went back out there and got a windshield wiper motor and a 16 inch 8 lug chevy rim.
Oh and there is also a late 80's/early 90's Ford truck out there, nothing left but the front axle, complete hubs rotors and all. Looks like a 1/2 ton don't know if that would be a Dana 44 TTB or what? I don't know too much about Ford IFS.
Got the TTB. It's amazing how many people drove up and jumped out to look at my truck thinking it was dumped. And I was only there about 45 minutes. I had better not ever leave it parked along the road. Smile
I had like 3 guys come up for the 14 bolt as I was pulling it, they were all like "I saw it and went home to get my tools" but by the time they got back.... it was mine!!!
I didn't get to the one in NP in time, but that's okay, for the moment.
Mark are there any good parts on the Chevy you are talking about? if so where is it? I am getting addicted to this free parts thing, I should have bought a chevy a long time ago!!! My Dad always drive chevys so I do love them. Just can't belive how cheap and easy they are to work on.
It was at the North Pole transfer site. I never got out there to look at it.
I was looking at the frame on the blazer over there. It's scary how little steel is used in the front crossmember.