Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Goooey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FlatBlackXJ

I have to clean up my motor it's killing me to look at caked dirt/oil. What is the best brand of aerosol grease cutter to use?

justimpact

engine bright foam or liguid be sure to cover your distributor cap to avoid missfire on start up

TJVigilante

Gunk engine brite...the non-foam stuff is cheaper but it didn't seem to do much good when I used it, and it reeks.
Castro super clean, I have like a half gallon in my garage if you want to grab a bottle to use.

Ronster

I find that the engine looks a lot cleaner after a 6 pack
Ronster Wrote:I find that the engine looks a lot cleaner after a 6 pack

X2 Big Grin

FlatBlackXJ

ajpthng Wrote:Castro super clean, I have like a half gallon in my garage if you want to grab a bottle to use.

I'll try that one too. The reason I think I'm in needs is: yesterday I got a call from the wife about the jeep not starting. The battery was completely charged and all the fuzes were good, so I checked the starter. It was covered in goo so I tried to spray it with the hose but nothing came off. Went in and tried to crank it for kicks and it started I guess the water bridged the gap and helped start it. Funny fix for a no start I guess.
Tyler swing by Saturday afternoon and we will clean that motor.

FlatBlackXJ

Awesome Tom, can you also help me take a look at my parking brake?
Sure can, just give me a call when your on your way over.