Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Can I get a hand in the near future?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If all goes well, my 6.2L will be put back together Monday night.

At that point it really doesn't need a whole lot to get it running.

3-4 people (including myself) to assist in the dropping of the engine (2 can do it, but more folks mean less chances of breaking stuff). I should specify we are dropping it in the Burb, not on the ground.

Thursday we are helping Geoff get his ZJ squared away, so it's out. I know there is a camping trip setup for Saturday and Sunday. So I'm trying to avoid those days.

So could anyone lend a hand Friday the 20th, Monday the 23rd, or Tuesday the 24th?

I should have it assembled and ready to go so we only have to drop it in, install the radiator, install the other lines and wires, and we should be good. Heck if folks could help me get the motor in (motor mount bolts and trans to motor bolts) I could get the rest by myself in a few hours. It shouldn't take an hour to drop it in.

I do understand if folks are a bit busy right now, I'm in the same boat.
if i was still local i would be there mark ..
If you are working on the 24th I might be able to help out.
I wont be able to help on Tues. My daughter has practice on tues and thurs. I might be able to swing one of the other days but that depends on the kids.
Update:

Didn't put the 6.2L back together last night thanks to exhaustion from the Repp road winchfest.

Currently don't know when the 6.2 will be going back together. On a side note, we have one more 6.2 to swap. It's already set to pull. Just need to pull the motor mounts and it's good to go. The vehicle that one is going into is also ready for the motor to be dropped in.

As soon as we get my 6.2 together, it wouldn't take very long to drop mine in the mounts and pull and drop the other. If this could happen before the 30th, I know it would be better for both Kev and I.

If not, we'll work it when we are able.