Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Recovery Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got another phone call with some people needing a recover. They are on base out on Transmiter road. I just got the kids to sleep and have to wait a few more min to make sure they are going to stay asleep because Rose has to work in the morning. I don't like calling people at night so you can yell at me later for not calling LOL. I'm heading out in about 10 min and from what I'm told I can't do this one by myself and stock rigs probably will not make it. Their is atleast 2 maybe a 3rd rig out their stuck, I know of a Dakota, F-150 on 35's and maybe another truck. Call my cell if you can lend a hand.

Thanks,
Tom

316-518-9514
Just got home. Call Mon if help is still needed.
Just got home about 5 min ago, I'm soaked to the bone from the rain. Good times, Thank you Marek for the help. The Dakota wouldn't have gotten out as easy with out that pick axe. 5 Vehicles in total that got pulled out, will tell more later I'm going to try and get some sleep.
I would've helped, but the wife is at FBNX memorial and I'm home alone with kiddos.

Glad you got them out though!

Good job guys!
Holy cow!

folks gotta quit getting stuck Sunday after dinner.

:nopics:
Around 9:30ish I got the first call, I asked how bad are you and the reply was Jack is stuck also and he is sitting on his bumper. If you've never seen Jacks truck it's a Blue Ford F-150 with about 6" of lift and 35's. Anyway around 10:20 I finally get the little one to sleep, changed clothes, posted up and headed out around 10:50.

First call was from Mike, I told him to head out but his XJ probably wouldn't make it from what they were telling me. Around 11:30 I got out their and started walking, first set of vehicles was a Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually that was helping a Ram 2500 Crew Cab with the Cummins. The 2500 had a winch so I wasn't too worried about those guys at the moment. Got around the corner and I could see the F-150 and was woundering where the Dakota was at. The Dakota was behind the F-150, he was trying to pull him out and dug in himself. About then Marek called and after what I told him he was on his way out.

I drove back to where they were stuck and hooked up to the F-150 to see if I could do anything before Marek got out their. The Ford popped out easier then I had thought, the ground was so soft that my tires created their own sink and brace holes. We got him out of the way and hooked up to the Dakota, while I was pulling him backwards the tundra was rolling up under him making it harder to pull. We used my Hi-Lift to lift up the back of the truck to see how bad it was, we tried to move the tundra but it wasn't working. Then I see head lights comming down Transmiter, it was Marek, he got back to me and we used his pick axe that he won at the last meeting to remove the tundra. Dakota's out, now its starting to rain even harder so its time to start getting the Rams out before they sink even deeper in the tundra. On the way out Marek got stuck in his LJ in the same spot he drove in, we decided to wait to get him out last.

Because the Rams didn't have tow points on the front we were trying to figure out how we were going to do this with both of them sitting on their frames and about 5 feet from bumper to bumper. We started digging around the front of the 3500 and after awhile we decided it was best to try and pull the 2500 backwards and sideways so we could pull the 3500 the same way so we could get up underneath it with tow straps around the axle. This worked easier then I thought it would because the tundra was so wet it let me pull the Rams in what ever direction I wanted too. We got the big boys out and now it's time to go back and get Marek's LJ. His Jeep was easy compaired to the others, quick straight line pull, back up and pull again and he was free.

By the time I got home it was just after 3am and the house was just a quiet as I left it. I'm sorry but I don't have any pic's, it was too dark and my camera takes crappy night shots. I will ask some of the others if they took any pic's so I can post them up. Marek thanks again for coming out and lending a hand!
ajpthng Wrote:... The Dakota wouldn't have gotten out as easy with out that pick axe...

ajpthng Wrote:... and we used his pick axe that he won at the last meeting to remove the tundra. ...

:rockon:

Nice work Tom and Marek.