Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Oil Prefrence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Buckeye

What brand of Oil do you use??

Just wandering what everyone uses.

I 've always used Valveoline

gamble71

Mobil1 ;D
motor oil:  Penzoil 5w30
gear oil: either Royal Purple or Mobil 1 Synthetic
ATF:  Valvoline Synthetic

gp_1

Castrol 5w-30 in my jeep

Valvoline high milage in the chevy

Whatever is on sale in the GMC

PoorBoy

Mobil1 in everything except the jeep.  I used valvoline high mileage in it the last time I changed the oil.

AK20

Napa 10w30 in the truck, Napa's Arctic Gear Oil in the tranny,tcase, and diffs.

4x4_MMMH_4x4

vegtable oil is nice for deep frying

TJVigilante

I use Mobil 1 whenever I can, but this last oil change we were out of Mobil and Castrol had a $10 rebate on synthetic, that with my discount I got a full synthetic change for 30 bucks. 5W30 in the Jeep, this last time it was 10W30 in the dodge, but will be out in a few months.
valvoline synthetic in everything...
Royal Purple in the engine and diffs.

Advent

Mobil 1 in the engine, Mobil Synthetic in the tranny, tcase, and diffs.

Olive oil in the fryer. Macadamia nut oil for flavoring of most foods, but sesame oil for oriental.
Castrol Syntec. Worked great for 185K miles. I still am pulling more than 140 psi in all six cylinders.

GreatWhite

I saw an episode of trucks where they did a test on the royal purple and they said that it gives you more torque horsepower and better gas milage!! I DONT KNOW!! but i m gonna give it shot in my jeep just need to know where to get it at.

AKLJ8

I use Amsoil in my rigs... Beats all others in my opinion.

Here's a link to some product testing done by API. The American Petroleum Institute...
http://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/g1971/index.aspx

gamble71

GreatWhite Wrote:I saw an episode of trucks where they did a test on the royal purple and they said that it gives you more torque horsepower and better gas milage!! I DONT KNOW!! but i m gonna give it shot in my jeep just need to know where to get it at.

Saw royal purple at napa last time I was there. Just a quick note... while castrol is a good oil, they actually had the definition of synthetic changed because their oil is not a true synthetic, but a really pure base oil. It's on the web. Like I said, good oil, but if I'm paying synthetic prices, I want synthetic.

Advent

gamble71 Wrote:Just a quick note... while castrol is a good oil, they actually had the definition of synthetic changed because their oil is not a true synthetic, but a really pure base oil. It's on the web. Like I said, good oil, but if I'm paying synthetic prices, I want synthetic.

It actually used to be full synthetic. But they figured out that they could make it cheaper using a dino oil base stock. It's still the exact same formulation as it was before.