Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: its winter time and dividend time whats your winter project ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well its that time of year again . and i have been thinking hard on what i want need to do for this winter's projects ..and i'm interested on what my family up north was planning .

this winter i will be trying to do what i need to do vs want ..

like catch up on the maintance on my Daily drivers vs my toy rigs and fix all the oil leaks and body damage from yrs of wheeling my DD ..

and hopefully paint the scout finally all 1 color ..

clean out all the old project stuff i will never do anything with before we head to lower 48 next year .
Get moved. And work. that's my main goals. Besides those two I hope to either drastcally change the XJ or get rid of it and start on something else. But we'll see.
Where to start... Big Grin

77 Blazer needs substantial work: Trans/t-case, exhaust, hub maintenance, and electrical greemlins removed

90 Blazer needs the clutch/pressure plate figured out and the plow finished moutning

85 Burban - engine swap

75 Truck may eventually get a flatbed built.

Have Truck Farm projects as well:
- bumper for an '04 Chevy
- gears for a 9.15 dodge
- axle swap for AK Mark's Blazer
- another few stealth (for now) projects
- 4 different trucks/Blazer's I could rebuild and sell.

Then there's the Skitzo:
- new engine
- possible trans/t-case swap
- front axle work
- possible buggy spring the front

Then there's the other projects on the backburner:
Vega
41 Chevy truck
Possible incoming stealth project

I just can't figure out how I'm to spend the rest of my free time. :eek:

naturalbornmudder

this fall is the start of project Lil' Chief for me. I am gathering parts at breakneck speed at this point and hope to turn the first wrench on it in October. The ZJ project won't be the only steed in the stable at the NBM household as I have been looking at a few oher options as well including a '43 military
[quote=naturalbornmudder;66883I have been looking at a few oher options as well including a '43 military[/quote]
ok your holding out tell us more ?
Oh boy, glad I'm trying to get a majority of my crap done before I go, sounds like Nate will keep both of us busy for awhile.

On my K-5 prior to shipping;
D60 and 14FF
Crossover steering
Front and rear bumpers
sliders if I have time
37's

On Burb;
Install trans temp guage
Troubleshoot cruise
Replace front brake pads, and grind rotors
Change oil & filter
Fix throttle cable (since new ones from Napa cause an excessively high idle thanks to a clip they put on the cable)
Install & Balance my 31's
Alignment

On Montana;
Replace brakes and rotors
Service transmission
Change oil & filter
New tires
Alignment

Man I've got too much to do

naturalbornmudder

oh yeah, I also need to build some ramp holders for my car hauler, mount my tow strap box and.....

just kidding. A look at craigslist shows a 43 heep in fair shape for 1200. I am going to swing by for a look this coming weekend and see if the guy will come off it for less.
Forgot to add, air suspension for rear of the Burb if I can afford it, as I don't like the way it sags.
Did you all read that the way I did?

Mark "sags" :tease:
Man, and I even rewrote that three times before posting.

If my knees didn't hurt, I'd go to your place and kick you in the shin.

naturalbornmudder

Quote:If my knees didn't hurt, I'd go to your place and kick you in the shin.

wow, and the hits just keep coming! Yuck. I dont wanna know...
I hope to have atleast 1 of my vehicles fully winterized this year, Seat heaters installed, 4.88's and lockers installed, under tunnel exhaust on the RX-1 and the exhaust on the SRXM cleaned and powder coated.
well i was thinking of washing the dishes but that is usually a spring cleaning project...
Install seat heaters and Arctic Leash in the wifes Subaru.
Build my car hauler.
Swap engine and cab and paint my 74 F250 and put up for sale.
Start buildup on 73 crewcab.

Ronster

Fab up front and rear bumpers
Lock the rear and regear to 4.56
Install a seat heater in my wifes durango

TJVigilante

bills...?
Nearly halfway through the season.

Yahoo Slurp Spider wants updates...
I haven't gotten crap done except for removing the front bumper.
I haven't gotten crap done except for removing the front bumper.