Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: need a new diff for front of tacoma ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
April has my tacoma now ,and we bought the dodge and sold her 4 runner ..but she scared to death to drive it in 4wd with the lock right up front ..it is a handful ..

i dont have my original spider gears anymore ... so i need to find another LSD type carrier ..

i dont like clutch type diffs ,so it would be worm /gear drive type unit ..

what would you suggest to get and still have decent driveability on the street ..?
No one has a take-out you can have? I wouldn't spend extra $$ on a LS for thje front of a DD.

coldtaco

Are you still gonna wheel it? If not, go back to stock. Even if you wheel it, go back to stock.Big Grin I'd sell you mine, but don't have mine anymoreSad
I highly recommend the worm gear types, my Hummer has a Torsen and it is exactly like a trutrac. Mine acts very well even on ice, no problems at all.
coldtaco Wrote:Are you still gonna wheel it? If not, go back to stock. Even if you wheel it, go back to stock.Big Grin I'd sell you mine, but don't have mine anymoreSad

i know eric bought your truck ! im doing just that though ..trying to bring the truck back to stock .. but i cant find the diff at all around here ..

coldtaco

you know who bought my truck? Have you tried wrecking yards in lower 48? I can't imagine it would be too expensive to get one shipped up here by mail?
coldtaco Wrote:you know who bought my truck? Have you tried wrecking yards in lower 48? I can't imagine it would be too expensive to get one shipped up here by mail?

yeah eric (holeski ) bought it . at least it stayed in the wheeling family !

i think i will try a few vendors i used to work with ..