Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: military vehicle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have an idea what tranny/t-case comes in the old dueces? I just acquired two in michigan and am trying to figure out what other than the axles are worth keeping. One motor is the inline 6 and the other is a v6 unknown condition supposedely one ran a couple years back and was just parked. Any advice would be great.

Thanks Big Grin
The old inline six should be a multifuel, basically whatever you have to put in the tank, it'll run on. Unleaded, diesel, kerosene, whatever. I know a guy who goes to a few different fast food places and gets their waste vegetable oil and with only a few extra filters and bypasses, runs it straight and the darn thing runs on that (which he gets for free) better than it does on unleaded or diesel.

Don't know what the trans is called, but it's heavy, probably too heavy for anything besides a duece.

I've seen where someone pulled the mid axle, and put the rear where it was, then shortened the frame and made it a wheeler. Cut the fenders till it fit some decent meats, and wheeled the crap out of it. It didn't flex much though. Great for mud bogs.
they're both just rolling chassis
check alaska4x4network.com
Grant has owned/built/wheeled a few in Anchorage.
Check out this site. I've found lots of info about my CUCV and there is a whole section for the Duece.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com
when we going to go get them rockwells, we can build something like skitzo out of them!