Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Why no body lift with diesel Chevy/GMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at ordering a body lift for my truck, but the foot notes say not for use on diesel engine equipped trucks. Anybody know why not? I'm guessing fuel lines because the fuel filter base is attached to the firewall.

Ronster

which truck?
longer fuel lines would fix that, easy enough.

Other thoughts would include the oil cooler lines into the radiator, but they have a fairly flexible section that should be able to work ok, though you may have to unbolt them form the wheel-well holding clamp location. Again, this would be easy enough to re-route.

Other than those... :confused:
1985 K30 (my 1-ton CUCV)

Advent

Are there any mechanical linkages between the controls and drivetrain?
Advent Wrote:Are there any mechanical linkages between the controls and drivetrain?

Shift levers - that's it.

Advent

Huh, that's weird then.

Install it and figure out the problems when they come up!
I've seen other older diesel Chevy trucks with 2" and 3" lift kits, so it must work. ORD sells a 1" lift which they said will work. I just bought their 1" zero rate add-a-leafs. This will give me 1" of lift and allow me to move the front axle forward and the rear axle back. If I don't get enough clearance with 6.5" of lift and some fender trimming I'll order the 1" body lift.

Advent

I've seen pictures of rigs with 44's and 6" of lift, with good looking cut fenders. I think one of the trucks in the Top Truck Challenge years ago had that setup. The guy welded 2 sets of fender flares together to make it look right.