Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Grizzlybeaver test-beating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took Robert out on FWA for some quick wheeling to test beat the 'beaver. We chained up by the animal picture dumpsters and played around a while by the landing lights. It took about 25-30 min to mount all 4 chains, should be able to do it in about 15-20 now with that little refresher practice. I found out it takes quite a hill to even need 4x4 with those chains.

[Image: IMGP1740.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1741.JPG]

This is the little mound up on the landing light hill. I probably could have crawled it if I had an offroad carb. The engine stalled out 1/2 way up while still creeping forward. The 2nd run was with a bit of momentum but just enough to keep the RPM up, not enough to roll the hill.

Then we headed up to Sage Hill via the back trail. I love punching through brush and not worrying about paint or fender damage.

[Image: IMGP1742.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1744.JPG]
If you look close you can see beaver tracks up the side of Sage Hill.

[Image: IMGP1745.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1747.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1748.JPG]

[Image: IMGP1746.JPG]

We blasted to the top without losing any forward motion. I did have to weave back and forth a bit when I felt the wheels start to spin, but it just kept on digging and climbing. Man, what a testosterone rush! I think I'll be able to beat this thing like it owes me money and it'll keep coming back for more.