Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: What are these tires?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: _8872-jk-fender-flare-kit-flat-tubular-frontcloselr.jpg]

OK, I can see BFG, but what are they?
Those look like the uncut Crawlers.

99TJ

was thinking krawlers too
Yep. Nice tube fenders too.

99TJ

they kind of look like an old style military tire they used to run on the old willy's jeeps

Ronster

78calico Wrote:Yep. Nice tube fenders too.

I think those are built for looks. I dont see where they would tie in anywhere to be structurally sound on the trail. But they do look good!
Yeah they look like on of those types of tires made for a concept rig or a display for a manufacture.
99TJ Wrote:they kind of look like an old style military tire they used to run on the old willy's jeeps

Yes, and I want a set uncut just like that. The 'beaver came with 9.00-16 NDT Military Goodyears on split rims. 37" uncut Krawlers would look sick!

http://www.can4x4.com/tech/siping/sip-and-groove.htm
I think those guys did more harm than good in their little experiments.

I don't care for those Xenon flares either. They're a bit too pavement-queen looking. I came across that picture in a google search trying to come up with design ideas for my own flat fenders. If you want some more fabulouthssssnesssss check these bad-mammerjammers out. It should be called the "Euro-trash" conversion. "But they're more aerodynamic..." :lol:

[Image: PS03JeepWranglerEuro_10903.jpg]

justimpact

thats realy cool
If "cool" is some kind of acronym...
Ronster Wrote:I think those are built for looks. I dont see where they would tie in anywhere to be structurally sound on the trail. But they do look good!
You mean like the plastic ones that come from the factory? If the edges are steel tube I'm willing to bet they are at least as stout as the stock fenders, but offer more clearance and they still cover the wide tires.
:pirate:Arrr. The flare's be steelin' this thread.

:pOh well, I just wanted to know what those tires are. With that question answered... I've crushed my rubbermaid flares at least a dozen times now and they just pop right back. I think that's the intent. I'm not convinced solid, inflexible flares are such a good idea unless they're just about solid enough to use as jack points.

And that Euro-trash conversion actually would look good on a beach-cruiser Jeep with surf boards.