Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Manley Hot Springs area Jeep Trails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking around on Google maps for S&Gs since Manley is one of those places I've been wanting to get to just 'cause. The road maps show a bunch of "Jeep Trails". Anyone know the deal with these? Are they muskeg swamps crossable in winter only? Are they just dirt roads with no maintenance? If I were to plan my "been there done that" road trip for this summer is it worth some exploring?
There are lots around starting at fox and going way up the elliot. Most of them are way overgrown and would take some work to be passable. Not saying we shouldn't do that, actually we should clear some out. I'm just not sure which ones "we" are "allowed" on. I know Marick has been on the one just past fox I believe.
sounds fun

akdsmer

Many of the trails around Manley are RS 2477 trails, and there is a bunch of mining back there, so access should be good.

99TJ

I think it could be a cool trip
akdsmer Wrote:Many of the trails around Manley are RS 2477 trails, and there is a bunch of mining back there, so access should be good.

That would be fun. I'm not so much thinking all the way to Rampart, although that would be cool, but just some mild exploring off the beaten path to coincide with a "been there, done that" trip. Something even a newish Rubi would be OK for. :pbbt: Big Grin I'm not even looking at a certain date yet. Maybe a summer '09 trip. ...don't know how well a newborn would handle the ride this summer.
SHoppe715 Wrote:Maybe a summer '09 trip.

a bunch of the club will be in the Desert.
Heck only a cpl of you are in the bde now. And Darick ain't going. Guess you'll have to read about it.:p

ARCTIC_EXPRESS

there are many hotsprings in and around the manley,livengood area. I would like to see how many of them we can get to

coldtaco

I've been wanting to go do this for some time now. Been flying over that area for years. You got to get to almost Manley before you can head west. It should be good trails as there is still active mining back there. Don't know if I will have anything to wheel this summer depending on things. I will keep you in mind if/when I am wanting to do something. Be a long day or an over nighter though.