Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: A success story - and a small world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the club owes Ole some coin for the Groomer build materials, but that price, and the time spent by the builders, is seeming well worth it already. A big pat on the back to those who thought theis worth while, and helped make it happen.

Friday and Saturday we went to Stampede and drove back to the bus. On our way out, at the river crossing, we met up with 3 snow machiners. They were looking for a place to cross the river. At first they didn't approach, until my buddy Joe Chatfield (a local Healy Resident we sort of invited along for PR purposes with the locals) waved them over and we started chatting. He made a mention of our groomer, and that they should find a nice trail on the other side of the river. They were form Anchorage. We gave them some advice on where they could cross, and even checked the ice depth for them. They went across where we pointed them, without problems, and off they went.

Fast forward to Sunday at 6 PM. The phone rings, it's 76ChevyGuy who went to anchorage to buy a Jeep. Stopped at a gas station with the Jeep on a trailer behind him and some guys started talking to him about it, and said they just ran into a group of trucks way off the road and couldn't believe they made it the 25 trail miles to the bus. Wayne (76ChevyGuy) said he probably knew who they were talking about. The snow machiners made sure to compliment us on the trail groomer and nice trail we left behind.

This, on our first run with it, I believe, is already a success. Instead of Irate snow machiners complaining about ruts in the snow, we have very happy and impressed snow machiners who are giving us a good name, and are now interested in 4x4 trucks that can do similar trails as their sleds! :rockon:

ARCTIC_EXPRESS

:yes: thats what we wanted to hear!
ARCTIC_EXPRESS Wrote::yes: thats what we wanted to hear!

That's fuunny. I mentioned to Ole when we stopped to take off chains that we could write down their phone number (it was on the door of the truck parked there that they hauled the sleds with) to ask how they liked the grooming job on the trail. :clap:

Ronster

Kudos guys, job well done :yes:
what is a groomer? I am from florida we dont have to groom our sand trails?
You been in the dark the last 2 weeks? There's at least one post per day from a clown named slat-somethig demanding pictures of the contraption.

Good work, guys. What goes around, comes around.