Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: To Prerunner or not to Prerunner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

XFactor

Ok I am pretty much broke, but "jonesin" to put something else on the X.  I was thinking about putting a prerunner on.  Mounting it to the ARB bumper and maybe mounting a loop to run the winch cable through. Would this loop reduce the uneven spooling? I doubt it will but just a thought.  I was looking at it and it may need to be wider than some, so it will not block my KC's.  Any thoughts?

naturalbornmudder

what is a prerunner? A stinger?
I also think you are referring to a "Stinger" and yea put one on that Bad Boy. I dont think it will help with "uneven spooling" of your winch line though as it usually needs to be steered on when respooling.

michaeljr5

It's kinda like a post runner just came first. :-\

4x4_MMMH_4x4

[Image: xterra_frt_prerunner.jpg]

pre runner on an X just not a bill bad ass X

XFactor

Yeah a prerunner is like a stinger, I just forgot your Jeep terminology lol...You know the little loopty loop in the front of Leni, Nate, and Robs Jeep. ;D
Yeah, I guess my front bumper could be considered a pre-runner type. Just like Leni's XJ...

[Image: 637794_253.jpg]

holeski

A prerunner is a way of building an entire rig as to “pre run” a desert offroad course or chase vehicles for SCORE races.
A stinger is for rock crawling and acts
 Helps prevent a nose roll over with out inhibiting approach angles
 It protects the motor and radiator in a roll over (so that there is a great chance you can flip it back over and still drive without problems)
 It acts as a leverage point for spotters to pull on in extreme positions
Two totally different animals.

I say either way hook it up; the more tube the better.

LowNSlowNeon

X-Factor Wrote:Yeah a prerunner is like a stinger, I just forgot your Jeep terminology lol...You know the little loopty loop in the front of Leni, Nate, and Robs Jeep and LNS' Zuk Tongue

Fixed for you.. I am in the stinger club now!