Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: help needed ..where does power go to cab in yota ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys i have spent 4 very long days trying to get my new motor to fire ..

i have no power to the cab ...other than head lights , 4 ways and charging light when i turn the key ...

i have repaired the main power line (white 14ga ) it was terrible and gave like 70 ohms lol now its .01 .. and have solid clean power to alternator and starter ...

problem i have is the main line seems to end at alternator where does it power the inside fuse panel ?

the the main fuse panel on inner fender well all has 12.8 volts and i dont have any fusses blown .. im usually pretty good at this but its kicking my arse bad ..

i cleaned up the inside cab ground wires and mount wich bolts to a piller by drivers door ..

would a bad key ignition cause to be dead in the cab ?...

help i want to test my new motor darn it !

any ideas ?
So you have 12VDC to the fuse block?
But not at the ignition? Even at OFF?
Have you traced that specific wire it's whole route?
exactly i have power to fuse block and around to alternator but nada to coil ..

and i have no voltage drop .. i dont have any power at all to the cab ,dash ,heater or ignition

justimpact

does toyota use fuseable links?
Confusedhrug:
power at headlight switch? That should not go through the ignition at all.
justimpact Wrote:does toyota use fuseable links?

ding ding we havea winner ! it goes thru drivers side fender i have to pull whole fender to cut it out .. why make a fuseable link u can replace easily ?

no for the new problem ..power to coil but no spark ?
yeah my new word for AO Fuseable links ! what a horrible invention this is ..

1st make it so you can never reach it to fix it or diagnose it .. but make it look like every other wire in the truck !

and have a fuseable link hooked to a fuse anyway ?? i know jeeps were known for them but never knew my yota did too .. but no more they are all gone now lol .. its in a pile on my floor ..

the last one under my drivers side fender will be removed and replaced with good old american made 14ga copper wire !!!lol