Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: chevy truck trans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FamilyMan

anybody got any books with a exploded view of the trans for a 92 k2500 I believe it to be a 700 r4 I could also use some spare parts if anybody has any.

AK20

Being a 92 it's actually a 4L60, which is really a 700R4 but they changed the name.

Here is some info, not sure what your really looking for.
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/ONLINETECH/TRANSINFO.html

Also what parts are your looking for?
And in fact it is a 4L80E as it is a 3/4 ton. PM sent

AK20

STOMPR Wrote:And in fact it is a 4L80E as it is a 3/4 ton. PM sent

That's were your wrong in your assumption...The 4L60 was used in both 1\2T and 3\4T trucks until 93, it could be either. Easiest way to tell would be to look at the tranny pans, or another way would be does it have a TV cable?
STOMPR Wrote:And in fact it is a 4L80E as it is a 3/4 ton. PM sent

That isn't entirely true. We've got a few '92 K2500's at work with the 4L60. They made a 'light duty' and a 'heavy duty' K2500 that year (and perhaps other years too). The light duty K2500s seem to have the 4L60 for the auto tranny, and the 'heavy duty' k2500 had the 4L80E. At least that's how it is with the fleet of trucks I work with.

A quick way to tell a light duty (nicknamed: 5/8 ton) K2500 - it has six lug wheels.

I'll look in my manuals here and see if I can find any diagrams for ya...
Quote:
Quote:And in fact it is a 4L80E as it is a 3/4 ton.

That's were your wrong in your assumption

Just for the record I wasnt assuming I was stating as I am the one that traded him this truck, Good info though on the crossover years, good looking out 8)

AK20

Well then, don't I feel silly...I stand corrected!!! It just didn't seem like you had any connection to this truck, and didn't want dude to get bad infoSmile
Dont feel silly you gave good info.