Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Cool rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Ebay:

[Image: 194e_3.JPG]
is that a chopped duece?
Yes it is, many more pics in the ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-Monster...0229768112

99TJ

That is freakin sweet, never woulda thought you could do that to a deuce

TJVigilante

Only thing I can see wrong with that rig is:

Who's going to take that spare tire down?
I sooooo want one. Some day I'll just build one. Deuces are sometimes pretty cheap to come by.
TJVigilante Wrote:Only thing I can see wrong with that rig is:

Who's going to take that spare tire down?

Just about anything. I wouldn't trust that teeny mount with that bigga' tire.
He probably just slapped that together to get rid of one of the leftover tires. Billed it as a benefit to the buyer.

rig looks cool, though.

TJVigilante

sevenslats Wrote:Just about anything. I wouldn't trust that teeny mount with that bigga' tire.
He probably just slapped that together to get rid of one of the leftover tires. Billed it as a benefit to the buyer.

rig looks cool, though.

My second thought was actually how someone would get it back up...but that's what friends are for eh?

I'm thinking a hydraulically-assisted hinged mount akin to Holeski's spare carrier....have it lie flat in the bed on this, have hydro rams lift it up so someone could swing it down to a usable level.
You could do like on the 5tons with those tires. Have a swing arm and a chain hoist but make it removeable and stowable on this one. When I build mine it'll have a short truck bed made from a trailer.
It sold for $9802.01

Not a bad deal. Just throw some detroits into those Rockwells...

TJVigilante

And still snap the inherently weak stock shafts...toss some $2500 oeuverson chromos into each axle and you'll be set. Big Grin