Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Motor Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LowNSlowNeon

I want to do a motor swap.. something fuel injection. I hate carbs.

Something that's somewhat small.. a smaller v6.. a 4 banger.. no v8s...

What can be had for relatively cheap.... and can be attained somewhat easy.

I want to swap this motor Wink

Mousee any ideas? I'm forcing you to help me put it in...

I am not worried about I/M or emissions.. I dont need em for 2 years plus its bout to be a trail rig only... :laugh:

Ideas?

4x4_MMMH_4x4

buy mousees 5.0

LowNSlowNeon

4x4_MMMH_4x4 Wrote:buy mousees 5.0

Read the thread you yeti!

5.0 would be WAY to big for the zuk....

I'd buy it if we could make it work.. but I think it's too big and way too heavy.. lol

TJVigilante

I say VW TDI, again. Great gas mileage, great torque, IM legal even after 2 years, and kits available on the net.

michaeljr5

You should cut and extend the front and drop a 454 in the front of it. 8)

LowNSlowNeon

michaeljr5 Wrote:You should cut and extend the front and drop a 454 in the front of it. 8)

Then I'll have a really nose heavy zuk

michaeljr5

So extend the rear, fab in a tire mount, gas can holder and onboard air. Then you'd have one rearly bad Zuki! 8)

LowNSlowNeon

michaeljr5 Wrote:So extend the rear, fab in a tire mount, gas can holder and onboard air. Then you'd have one rearly bad Zuki! 8)

Meh - zuki is cool because its so small.. extending it..... would almost turn it into a Jeep ;P

PS: We fabbing a spare tire holder in the cage that goes through the rear of the zuk.

Kodiak Dodge

You might be able to find a Vortec 4.3L V6 out of a wrecked Chevy Blazer. That would be the best swap. Lots of options and very common for smaller rigs. You could probably go to Pirate4x4 and look up lots of information on the swap. Check out the Suzuki section on Pirate and see what they are doing.
two words WRX STI motor! 300 hp of turboed happiness...

LowNSlowNeon

mousee Wrote:two words WRX STI motor! 300 hp of turboed happiness...

AFFORDABLE swaps... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gamble71

the 4.3 would probably be your biggest bang for the buck. I've seen one on ebay with a ford 2.8 in it that looked killer. Guy put a lot of work into it, but it was a wicked ride. I'd go 4.3 though.

Chetnak

I know Eric had an entire 1999 Blazer for sale you could buy it grab the motor and wiring all together and part it out to make as much money back as possilbe I know of people that would buy parts off of it.

gamble71

yeah, seems buying a used truck/van would be your best bet. Unless you know someone who runs a junkyard up here. I was looking for a spare 4.0 to build and they wanted $900 :o Hell I can buy a complete and running explorer for that.

muddman

In our (Gabes Towing) auction that we are getting ready to have is a 96ish s10 blazer 4.3 that was rolled over thats was running. Vehicles usually don't go for much in our auction and sometimes don't even sell. in our last auction was a 94 jeep 4.0 that had a engine fire and nobody bid on it so we hauled it to the fire dept. so they could destroy it for trainig practice. If anyone wants to know more about the aution they can call 456-6156 9-3 on sat. or 8-6 mon. thru fri.

Advent

deepmud on the alaska4x4network board is selling a Volkswagen TDi that he had in his Samurai.

Honestly the only swaps worth looking at for a Samurai are the TDi and Sidekick engines. Anything else is getting into the 'too big' realm.