Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: As seen in News Miner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is in todays online FBX news miner, dont know if we should have a rep there or not.

Trails
The National Park Service is holding a public meeting on Wednesday in Fairbanks to discuss trail damage associated with recreational use of off-road vehicles along nine motorized trails in Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve near Nabesna.
The meeting is scheduled from 7-10 p.m. at the National Park Service’s administrative center at 4175 Geist Road.
For more information, call 456-5752.
Where in the heck is the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve near Nabesna?
It's down towards Valdez
I cannot attend this as we have classes on Wednesday evening, but would like some folks to go.

TJVigilante

Way down southeast...it would have had nothing to do with AO thus any representation there would be merely to show concern for the trail systems, rather than any explanation or smoothing-over of the specific issues at hand. Nevertheless, show of concern is enough reason to be present. Why else would it be held in Fairbanks anyway?
Joe since we are avid offroaders and this is n issue with a trail system it has everything to do with us. I can't go to the meeting I have to work. I didn't realize we were allowed down in that area.
i spent a few hours south of tok, that area was great and worth an overnight trip if you want to explore a bit more of the big ak. might plan it on my way out if i go to haines. i'll see if can make it... BUT it sure would be nice to have my own AO shirt to wear there :whistle:
so who's going? im in if i know where to go...