Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Tires or Stroker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been doing alot of searching and I've been debating this for some time. I'm in need of new tires soon but I think if I play my cards right I can wait till I get back to the lower 48. At the same time I've started picking up parts to build a Stroker motor out of my 4.0, I'm almost at the point of gaskets and machine shop work I'm just missing 6 key parts.

I'm pretty sure I know the direction I'm going to go but I wanted to see what others had to say.

Ronster

I say, if you can wait for tires, and you have most of the parts for the stroker, go that way. I always thought it would be cool to have a stroker under the hood :yes:

It sounds like you have already made up your mind to me Big Grin
If you are already working on building a stroker then go that route. Hold ff on tires till you can actully get them at a decent price.
I also have a line on a set of tires close to the size and style I'm looking for. From what I can figure it is going to cost about the same maybe a little more for the stroker build.
If you can hold out on the tires - build the stroker. Then when youcan afford the tires, you'll have more grunt to push them with.
Aren't you running MTRs right now? :puke:

Awwww yeah. There's my answer. :yes:

TJVigilante

Definitely build the stroker and get the tires when the ones you have wear out.