Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: new dodge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

turboL

so i figured out a awnser to my dodge problem. i bougth another. yes. i had to settle for a 318 instead of the 440 but it runs sweet, and the drivline is good. so anyone who is near the cushman flats give me a call ill show u some good mud holes, including one quarter mile trail that has yet to be run start to finish. and ill be coming to trail rides again
im not trying to be a debby downer, but cushman flats has been run. i havent been there in years and wont be going back any time soon.

Stumblinman

But if you run it and break down does that mean they have a free pass to burn your rig ?

ARCTIC_EXPRESS

nothing like playing in river silt... not you wont catch me taking any of my rigs there.
The flats are always changing, year to year. And I'm sure there are some challenging spots - however... heed the caution of the other posts.

Do not leave your rig there unattended for any amount of time.

Go armed - and go with many friends who are armed (I'm not saying start a war - but be able to protect yourself... and most of the time just having a firearm visible will deter folks from starting trouble.)

I'd also advise to go in the daytime of a weekday- when most others won't be out there.

As well - have some of us on speedial.

And to explain Marek's post - river silt is incredibly fine sand that gets into everythinga dn destroys parts - bearings, gears, etc... without you even realizing it has invaded. For this reason most folks who have wheeled in it before are hesitant to take their rigs back.

With all that said - I'll also repeat that there can be some challenging and fun times had out there.

Oh - and glad you're back to wheelin again.

turboL

we have bonfires out there every weeknigth, and asid from the occasional drunk figth, there hasnt been a major problem ina while. i have a good group of friends that i go with and we always have a great time. as for the rig burning thing, that is rigth, but if u ever get stuck there im just a phone call and 5 mins away, and if i cant get u out we have plenty of rigs there that can. but if u love mud like i do, u wont find many better spots than there. the un run trail claimed nine trucks today, we got em all out but like i said ive never seen it finished. on to my dodge, ive made a sligth motor downgrade from a tired 440 to a rebuilt 318 in my new truck, also, it is a short bed as oppsed to my long bed. it dosent have the factory locking diffs, but i plan on stuffn some arbs in there when i get the cash, as well as some 35s with a bit of fender trimming. and since i dont have any internet at my house, if theres somthn like a traikl ride or a meetn could someone call me? the number is 907 378 7012. i just have one trail ride and one meetn left before i can go to the voting process to become a full member.

Stumblinman

I've only been to the flats once unarmed...

TJVigilante

I've been out to the flats pretty often unarmed, never had a problem. Hell, I've gone out there alone and almost got stuck once. Bad thing to do but all the stories you hear...there's a lot of good stories you don't.
I've never had a problem at the flats. I've met alot of people out there over the years including my wife.:lol: Most of the destroyed vehicles out there are stolen or abandoned but I still wouldn't leave mine unattended.

And yes there are a few good mud holes if you hit them right after break up but once it dries up it gets kind of boring if you are driving a built rig. Maybe I've just spent too much time out there over the years. I guess I'm one of those unsavory characters you're so worried about that you feel like you must be armed.Big Grin

Stumblinman

Hmmm it's not often I can take something I've said and use it out of context even though it was me saying it...:knockout: Maybe I'll have to revoke my posting rights after midnight because I guess that's when part of my brain shuts down and I have to figure out what my point was... If I'm headed that way it will be on the way to the range anyway.... Big Grin