Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Meet And Greet 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many new folks wonder what is this Meet & Greet everyone says is a must? So I thought I'd start this thread, and post up pics fromt he gallery "Meet & Greet Week" in the 2008 gallery to show the family and comraderie side of the Meet & Greet - as well as our club.

Here's a teaser:
[Image: p6210147_pan.jpg]

more pics coming soon.
Here's part of the overall group shot - some were still in the "campgrounds, some were still in line for the ramp,
overall there were at least 85 wheeling rigs there for the weekend. this is just a few of them

[Image: p6210135_642193.jpg]

Here's a pic to the left of those - the line for the ramp and the campground field in the background
[Image: p6210138.jpg]

Later, AO got together for a group shot - first with the families, then we "realigned"
[Image: p6210155_pan.jpg]

Skitzo feeling some weight
[Image: p6210157.jpg]

The ramp and food tents / vendor area
[Image: p6210139.jpg]

Where we parked / camped
[Image: p6210129.jpg]

Lunchtime
[Image: p6210133.jpg]

Skitzo's turn on the ramp
[Image: p6210131.jpg]

Most of our group, lined up
[Image: p6210142_pan.jpg]

The fairgrounds has great views all around - makes for good background scenery.
[Image: p6210141_pan.jpg]

Most know we went down early - family wheeling vacation. However, our first day of wheeling resulted in some carnage!

Nice Teeth!
[Image: p6160002.jpg]

After the hub disengaugement caused excess stress to those before pictured teeth - we got to do this:
[Image: p6160003.jpg]

I called a friend in Palmer who wasn't home but said "You know the code to the garage - make yourself at home."
We did - stayed the night waiting for gears on the side of the road, their hospitality was awesome. I've known them for 15+
years and they have always been incredible friends. He used to post up on here - AKJeff from Palmer.
If you're ever in the area and need a hand let me know and I'll get you his number - he'll be glad to help out.

Here's our rigs parked alongside his place
[Image: p6160004.jpg]

Family vacation - stuck on the side of the road in a residential area - what GREAT fun... actually - the kids found ways to entertain themselves and made the best of it.
[Image: p6170009.jpg]
The waiting is the hardest part!
[Image: p6170014.jpg]

[Image: p6170024.jpg]

Meanwhile, what do boys do better than to get dirty!?!?!

[Image: p6170016.jpg]

[Image: p6170019.jpg]

So we "fixed" Kelly's rig (ask him for more details) and wheeled Wednesday - only to break and end up at Wayne's place fixing 2 rigs on Thursday.
Again, the kiddos found things to do... SMORES!

[Image: p6190031.jpg]

[Image: p6190038.jpg]

And then late one night someone had an idea...
[Image: p6190048.jpg]

Again, it was a great trip. We have already started to plan for next year.
Wayne showed us a great campground nearby (and centrally located to several trails.)
We are also trying to plan more family activities for the evenings.
This should be a great time, again next year, and for years to come.

TJVigilante

[Image: p6160002.jpg]

Looks British built.

:O
looks like a pretty good time..