Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: little help with a jeep 4.0 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ross

wasn't really sure where to post.

Here is the problem. I have an 85 CJ-7 that I tried to put a 95 jeep cherokee 4.0 into. I'm running into some problems of course.

I would like to check and see if the computer is all right. I called a couple of shops and no one seems to test those things. So I was wondering if anyone out there would be willing to let me plug my computer into your 91-95 jeep cherokee or wrangler to see if the thing is broken.
if any one interested please get back to me
phone 490 3287.
I'm in North Pole
thanks
Ross

AKLJ8

I would think the dealer could test it for you...

Ross

I called them about them about that and they said it needs to be in the vehicle. S'pose I could call them again though

AKLJ8

What kind of problems are you having? Have you confermed that things are wired correctly? Do an on line search for Hesco jeep, not sure whet there web address is. You can find copies of the the Mopar injection kit instructions for installation in a CJ on there site. It's pretty much the same thing your doing and might help. I have a 258 with the 4.0 injection kit on it but it was installed by the previous owner so I'm not really up to speed on how things wire up...

Ross

I'll look into that thanks. I've been looking at a site called http://www.cjoffroad.com
They have a forum dedicated to the 4.0 swap. I just wanted to try and rule out the computer. Put in a known good one.

AKLJ8

Let me know how it goes... I'm out on the pipeline but should be in town by Monday or so. You can take a look at my Jeep when I'm in towm if it will help but I'd rather not pull the computer.

Ross

don't sweat it. I'm probably going to go out and round up another computer anyways. I've got to get that thing running and tomorrow is it or not at all.

thanks though