Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Cutting the beast.. "virtual lift"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LowNSlowNeon

I wanna trim up the body and what not.. as I rub my 33s but I dont want to go taller.. if anything ... I'd like it lower but thats  not gonna happen... .I wanna do a  "virtual lift".. and cut up the body some...
[Image: rearZOOK.jpg]

I really like the way that looks.. but with the size of my zuk and 33s it'd look funny...

So something like that but a lot less extreme Big Grin

Opinions?...

What kinda work does it take to trim up a body and make it look pretty decent....

Whos done it before? What kinda tools? Who wants to help?

I know a lot of people love to cut stuff.. so heres yer  chance..Nate? Wanna hack on the zuk? My zuk is down for carb issues ... so I figure why not ? Tongue

LowNSlowNeon

michaeljr5 Wrote:Nice concept, except for one thing.  This is Alaska and we are ARCTIC Offroad.  You are gonna need to leave enough body on it so you don't freeze to death in the winter.  Honestly, I don't think cutting the Zuki would do anything for it.  It hardly weighs anything now.  If you cut it, a small breeze will blow it away.   ;D

If he had a top on it.. it wouldnt affect him..

Im keeping my top... not cutting to that extreme.. I just wanna do some fender cutting and what not to keep em from rubbing... I like the tube clip front end.. (they sell those for like $250) but I am not wanting to do that.. just some cutting Wink

[Image: content?action=dlattach;topic=32939.0;at...4457;image]

Something like that somewhat..

TJVigilante

Yeah michael, he's looking at cutting for tire clearance, just like flat fendering a Jeep. Which reminds me....I'll need to do that at some point in time.
Yea but looking cool and having a functional wheeler are two diffrent things. If he needs to cut for clearance or put smaller tires on what would you do?

LowNSlowNeon

STOMPR Wrote:Yea but looking cool and having a functional wheeler are two diffrent things. If he needs to cut for clearance or put smaller tires on what would you do?

Cut...

It's a trail rig.. why would I downsize tires when I could just cut some stuff and make em fit?

LowNSlowNeon

Better idea..

[Image: 1230605.jpg]

[Image: 1250612.jpg]

[Image: 1250613.jpg]

[Image: 1250619.jpg]

front
[Image: 1250620.jpg]

[Image: 1270609.jpg]

Something like this but a little bit cleaner.

LowNSlowNeon

Example on my zuk... not cutting a whole lot.. just enough to clear a lot Wink and look cool at the same time :police: :laugh:

[Image: zukinotcutup.jpg]

[Image: zukicutup.jpg]

Chetnak

Hey bud I would trim in small increments so that you can see what you need without cutting too much.

LowNSlowNeon

Chetnak Wrote:Hey bud I would trim in small increments so that you can see what you need without cutting too much.

Well yea I dont wanna hack it all off at once Big Grin

Slowly do it till it fits my needs ya kno?..

Wanna cut on it too? hehe

jeepin_al

LowNSlowNeon Wrote:
Chetnak Wrote:Hey bud I would trim in small increments so that you can see what you need without cutting too much.

Well yea I dont wanna hack it all off at once Big Grin

Slowly do it till it fits my needs ya kno?..

Wanna cut on it too? hehe

What about trimming up and then remounting the fender flares, it makes the cuts almost transparent, do you know how much more clearance you need?

naturalbornmudder

Al makes an excellent point. I can help do some trimming some time. I cannot dedicater when byut I am willing to help.

LowNSlowNeon

heh I need a new way to mount my flares.. as of now they are zip tied and maybe 1 bolt on each lol..

You got anything we can trim with nate?... anytime is fine man. Smile

Its not running to bring it over tho lol

Maybe I can find a pair of CJ or TJ flares from someone.... (anyone?) and we can cut to make those fit...

naturalbornmudder

I have a 4" grinder w/ cutting wheel for the big stuff and a dremel for the small stuff. Maybe need to get a sawzall for the thick stuff.

LowNSlowNeon

naturalbornmudder Wrote:I have a 4" grinder w/ cutting wheel for the big stuff and a dremel for the small stuff. Maybe need to get a sawzall for the thick stuff.

You know how I like it. :o

;D ;D ;D

I just jokies... sounds awesome.. but like I said.. can't really make it to yer house with the zuk. hehe

Advent

Wider axles mean more clearance too...

It looks like you can't do much of anything in the back without building a new bed. New diamond plate inner fenders would work pretty well.

AK20

Get some masking tape and a sawzall, mark it out and cut away!!! I too should be doing some more cuttin on Saturday to help clear the 40's on the truck.
you can have my old yj flares when I make my new ones. probably around mid to late march...