Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: My little brothers sweet Rig!!! seriously
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DSC01349.jpg]
[Image: DSC01347.jpg]
[Image: DSC01346.jpg]
Info??
HP44 & 9" 5.13 ARB's (US Alloys shafts and UJ) 35 spline converted (?)
3.5 V6 (barretta I think)
No transfer case it uses the trans inverted some how:confused:
38.5 TSLs W/ beadlocks
4link F/R with aluminium arms
9000lbs winch

This thing will go anywhereBig Grin

If there is a way to post video, I can post a vid of him jumping it huge off of snowbanks

TJVigilante

youtube or register on my gallery(link in sig) and upload to there. No size limit.

As for the trans, it's probably the Beretta FWD transmission with the two outputs with a locking/welded diff. I wouldn't trust it personally if that's the case.

Stumblinman

Looks cool.
I was wondering where the gas tank was though..
As for the trans, it's probably the Beretta FWD transmission with the two outputs with a locking/welded diff. I wouldn't trust it personally if that's the case.[/quote]
They make lockers and spools for them now, One good thing that came from ricers, Oh! and 747 wing mounted on a Dawoo!!!!!!!!!!Big Grin
Was that one of the buggy kits you can order form places like Poison spider or did he bend the tubing himself?
He fabricated it up from scratch
is that thing in alaska?
No he is in Mn.
That's flippin' sweet. I eventually want to do the same thing with a FWD transaxle turned sideways. My plan's are quite a bit smaller and a 4banger, though. Can you get pics of how he grafted the FWD CV axles to the driveshafts / axle pinion yokes?

Yeah, I recognized the MN plates - cute touch on a no-street vehicle. Is it an ATV registration or just a quirky sense of humor?:lol:

...and wow, the grooving on the rear tires must have taken days.
Where in MN?

Stumblinman

right before OP :troutslap:

Stumblinman

I'm still looking for a gas tank....
Stumblinman Wrote:I'm still looking for a gas tank....

It actually runs off of mud, so there isnt a gas tank

I never thought to ask where it was, I dont remember. I wll get us mor pictures of how everything works and where that darn fuel tank is :confused:
He lives in Cloquet, it is about 15 miles from Duluth

OneWeakXJ

It looks like there is a fuel cell right behind that toughcase or whatever its called. You can see the aluminium plate right behind it that sloaps close to the seats.
[Image: DSC01399.jpg]

[Image: DSC01398.jpg]

[Image: DSC01397.jpg]

[Image: DSC01388.jpg]

[Image: DSC01384.jpg]

[Image: DSC01385.jpg]

[Image: DSC01395.jpg]

He should have bought something with some flex!!!
Looks sweet! I'm curious about the transaxle too. I have heard of it before but never seen an example

TJVigilante

I like the work done on the 9"...shave with the sway bar built into the "truss". Very clean and looks super light.

To put the transaxle into some perspective: FWD transmissions have all the gears and the final drive built-in...as an example my Dodge Stratus has a 3.73:1 final drive ratio...so that equates to an almost 4:1 low range full-time in this rig. If it's strong enough, it's a very light option for a small two-seater buggy. I'm just not sure on the strength of those things.

As point of fact, the beretta never came with the 3.5, the largest they got was the 3.1. The Lumina had a 3.4 option. I can't think of any FWD chevy cars with a 3.5 around the same time period. The 2006-present monte carlos and Lumina have a 3.5 option, with FWD, but that seems a bit too new to be going into this buggy, what with all the electronics and all.
Didn't Olds' used to have the 3.8s? (even back in the 80's) I think older Buicks did as well.

gives me ideas! Big Grin
The trick is finding something with aftermarket "ricer" support so you can get a drag spool for the transaxle. I suppose a good LS would work OK, but an open diff working as a transfer case would give you an "all-wheel drive" buggy that could potentially spin the front or rear separately.