Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Exhaust options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i need to do the exhaust as seen in the awesome pictures, but i am tired of rerouting and trying to keep the whole dual exhaust thing. i wanted to run the exhaust out to the wheel well.

any pros/cons? suggestions
I dump mine right behind the axle that way there is just less stuff to get it hung up on
it has to EXIT the vehicle

Stumblinman

It'll exit that way. It will just be like you're floating on a cloud. Big Grin

Mr Anderson

I dumped my exhaust out the side, in front of the rear tire. Works just fine for me. It was just a tight fit for everything, two cats and two cherry bombs.
Mr Anderson Wrote:I dumped my exhaust out the side, in front of the rear tire.

Have you had any issues with the rim or lugnuts getting really nasty? Back in Juneau that was almost garanteed to give you nasty corrosion issues but it may be different with this climate
yeah good point....

i was curious about that myself

TJVigilante

I think Wayne had a similar issue with one of his vehicles.
with the exhaust hitting his wheels?

TJVigilante

i think it was his rear 1/4 panel, I'd ask him about it as I don't know the full details.
FIXIT!!! where are you?
I've seen it with Diesels, but not with gassers.

Mr Anderson

No I haven't had any issues with build up on the rim or lug nuts. I don't drive it that much anymore, but when I was I didn't have problems. I put a dual exhaust set up on it. It's a 2.9L Ford V6, so that might be diffusing it a bit, but I don't know. It gets parked in a heated garage also, so anything that might build up gets melted off at night. I know what you guys are saying though, I've seen many vehicles that get that build up on the back bumper.
its a 5.9v8, but i dont drive it very much