Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: My next rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With being sick enough to not be at work for the last 1.5 days, I've been making some potential plans.

Today I drew a sketch (initially with oval shaped tires, I cannot draw to save me life) of a Blazer frame, with a crewcab cab, and a toolbox on the rear. Cool idea, but after some research, gonna require a bit of trimming to the back of the cab to make it work. Even if I push the rear axle back a bit.

So......I ran across something else. I had dreamed of something like this before and had considered it recently, but when I saw the picture, I knew this is what I wanted to build.

[Image: burb_1.jpg]
[Image: burb_2.jpg]
[Image: burb_3.jpg]
[Image: burb_4.jpg]
[Image: burb_5.jpg]

Working on a deal for the Burb I'm going to use as a donor, and we'll go from there. Big Grin

Also let it be said that I don't want to make mine identical to this. I have a few variations I'm hoping will work out.
Cool!!! I like it!

I'd put 4" lift springs on the front & a shackle flip on the rear, cut the snott out of the fenders & run tires in the 39"-48" range!!!
Those FMTV tires would look COOL!!! 395-85R20 with a mil spec paint scheme!!!

Course, that's just me!

Mike
Seems good. I have had the same idea as to had with your blazer but with my bronco but even with lttle tires it would take lots of cutting
I really like those welds where he scabbed in the back of a truck box Big Grin
That rocks!!!
I have a few spare parts if you need! Big Grin
When is the build date!!
Gotta swap for the vehicle that will probably turn into this first.
I heard on tradio someone selling a 93 pretty cheap. Of course I didn't write down the number because I'm 100% ford crazy but if a 93 is not to new for your plan I'll get it next time
Don't worry about it. 92 and newer are too new. IFS on those.

73-91 Burbs are solid axle. The one I am hoping to get is already owned by a club member who's wife hates it. Big Grin
Hey Mark, I am coing home in the next 2 weeks. If you want my old rig, we will work the trade. The 42 inch Iroks in the back do NOT come with it!!! Does Kev have a good tranny to swap into your old one? If not I will have to work the rebuild or maybe make some kind of swap with Kev for a truck or something (don't really need a burb)
Call me the moment you get to town, well after you get "reacquainted" with your wife and son.
cool, will do.
Good i have a torch warmed up and waitiing, mmmm fire.
I may pick this up really soon. Anybody want to help chop the back end off and put a cab back on it before June?
Wouldn't it be easier to just use a crew cab?
78calico Wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to just use a crew cab?

Big GrinHey, you, yeah, you with the logic....if he did that he wouldn't have a monster garaged 'burban....Rolleyes
I just thought that chopping up a Burb would be fun. Yes a CC would be easier, however then I have to make a bed for it.
Let me know when, where, and what to bring to the build party and I'm on it.
I have a cordless sawsall and the torch so lets cut it up!! MMMMmm i love the smell of burning metal!!!
I will post up when I pick it up from Tony, or we could start it next Saturday and give Tony a chance to cut on it as well.
Any chance to chop up a chevy I'll take it

allonblack

im actually just about to start a near identical build, mine is a 89 crewcab that im transfering to a 71 k20 frame. should be interesting to see how yours turns out, i know im excited to start mine.