Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: TOMCAR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These things are sweet. My dad told me about them today as his company is becoming a distributor for them and they are going to use them around thier mines back home. he got one in today to try out and said the thing is awesome. It'll go up to 80mph but it was governed at 60mph. He said the ride was better than a caddy. The one they got for now is more of the Israli military version. Lockers front and rear, 4 seater but the rear seat was removed and had a mount for a spy camera or gun or etc. they tried to get it stuck but it kept going. Here is the website http://www.tomcar.com/ it has lots of pics an a few videos. They've only been aroun for a few years now and are really just now starting to hit the public sector. I'm going to see if I can get a cool b-day present this year. hey I can hope can't I

TJVigilante

Heard about these...they use them down south for coastal tours and such. I guess they're cheaper and more capable out of the box than Jeeps.
My dad said that a lowe end one will run about $7500 or so. The one they had runs around $12,000 but it was pretty much loaded even with the diesel engine option. He said the pricing can vary widely cause there are three models and each have a ton of configurations and accessories. They are also street legal. now before someone brings up emissions I don't know about that as there aren't any back home or Alabama (where the vehicle had plates from). Depending on state law would also affect it being classified as an "ATV".

One even ran in the baja 1000 back in 2006.