Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Blast from the past
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Stumblinman

Got pics from family or friends in the past ?

My father crossing the Kinik river near Palmer. circa 1976

[Image: 1974_CJ5.jpg]

Here's some more of it recently (1976) purchased and then added full roll cage, tires, winch... Hatcher's Pass near Anchorage featured. It went through many changes but this is what I have at the moment. If you look closely you can see his Anchorage club stickers. Alaska Four Wheelers I originally got him to send pics because I have a patch of his from then and I was making a poster thing with his and my patches and pics but I thought it would be cool to share. Most of the housing pics are Ft Rich and yes those are military issue glasses. Big Grin The one with the hood ornament is me in Hawaii I'm guessing circa 1978ish.

[Image: 1974_CJ5_002.jpg]

[Image: 1974_CJ5_001.jpg]

Stumblinman

OH and it's a 1974 CJ5 and I questioned the lights on the fenders. I was told they were military black outs like on the M715. He told me they would put the aircraft landing lights in them cause the bulbs fit right in no mods.

Stumblinman

[Image: 1974_CJ5_003.jpg]

Stumblinman

Currently my father has a 1978 CJ5 with fiberglass tub, full cage ish and built 304 on 33s. He did get a little optomistic and put an Offenhauser with a radical cam on it and it will roast the tires on demand. I'm currently trying to talk him out of replacing the headers with stock manifolds. Plus you have to take into consideration he's got it to run at 7K elevation with an Edelbrock carb and current setup.
That's some good stuff, right there.
Sweet.

I had a '73 CJ5 once. Same color green, but a black steel top.
I wonder where it is now...
Great pic's
What he said (Jackrabbit) Very, ver cool - thanks for posting.

JeepGrrl

My dad ROCKS!!! Hey...where am I? No fair. Wish he were here to enjoy it again after 30 some odd years.