Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: I Can Weld Once More!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

holeski

[SIZE=2]Yeah!Big Grin
The elections just left. I now have a 240v 20a outlet for my New Miller 210 welder that Heather is out picking up right now. Along with the 240v outlet we also have another 110v outlet on a new breaker so the lights won’t go out. The Plasma will be next mouth. It’s a Thermal Dynamic 3/5-plasma cutter. Heather is also getting me a new auto darkening welding helmet and stopping at Sear for more goodies.
[/SIZE]

akdsmer

Is 20 Amps big enough? I thought my My Miller 210 used up to 24 Amps...

It's a great welder. I just wish I had a bigger shield gas bottle.

canchaser

congrats on the power..... :cheer:

holeski

That’s only 20a breaker. The welders output is much more. Anyway I hope so I gave them the welders input hook up sheet to go off of. At least the lights won’t go off if I pop the breaker.
The welder was too big to fit in the Subi so I have to take the XJ and trailer to pick it up.

naturalbornmudder

awesome dude!

holeski

Messed up it a 30a 240v and a 20a 110v outlets. So I should be good.

TJVigilante

pm sent Big Grin

holeski

I need to o get my gas tank back from Kevin.

akjeep

Stick some tweezers in that 240 outlet and make sure it's 30A.

Or not.

michaeljr5

holeski Wrote:I need to o get my gas tank back from Kevin.

He said, Kevin's got gas. [Image: laugh1.gif]

michaeljr5

akjeep Wrote:Stick some tweezers in that 240 outlet and make sure it's 30A.

Or not.

[Image: laugh1.gif]

akdsmer

Not to be the bearer of bad news Eric, but the input rating is 26A at 230V. It uses 1.4A while at idle..... Still, that would probably be at the higher settings (doing any frame welding?)

Anyways, good choice on the welder. I love mine (just need to use it more).

Dave.....make sure you have your scope hooked up to the tweezers so I can retrieve the waveform from your butt being jolted! Big Grin

holeski

Mine says 28a @ 230v. We'll see, they said thats what it called for so.

nate379

30 amp is "ok" for most welders, but if I were to have something wired it, I'd go with 50amp for sure.
congrats man! Are you gonna' set it up with dual guns and bottles? That's what I wanna' do. Aluminium spool gun with argon bottle and mig gun with mix. Good choice on the plasma cutter also. Definatly run it on 220 though, HUGE differance on mine going from 110-220.
Right on, WholeWheat! Now go build me some "welcome home" presents for my 2007/8 return!!

akjeep

akdsmer Wrote:Dave.....make sure you have your scope hooked up to the tweezers so I can retrieve the waveform from your butt being jolted! Big Grin

[Image: WAVEform.gif]
Uh, 1.3Kv?! Ouch.

holeski

Well here is what happened. I called both the election and the Power Company and was told that there in no such thing as 230v anymore. It was moved up to 240v so by the time it gets to your house it doesn’t drop below 230v. The welder is good to a + or - 10% of 230v, witch should be 23v +/-. Bad said of the whole thing is they put the wrong prong setup in and have to come back and fix it. But its here and Kevin brought me back my gas tank full. Thank you Kev. Heather bought me a 25-pound spool of wire and I can run up to .045 wire.
hey can i come over ? haha.. it can be a party. nice welderSmile i want your hood

nate379

Yup, it's 240v and 120v, been that way forever!

holeski Wrote:Well here is what happened. I called both the election and the Power Company and was told that there in no such thing as 230v anymore. It was moved up to 240v so by the time it gets to your house it doesn’t drop below 230v. The welder is good to a + or - 10% of 230v, witch should be 23v +/-. Bad said of the whole thing is they put the wrong prong setup in and have to come back and fix it. But its here and Kevin brought me back my gas tank full. Thank you Kev. Heather bought me a 25-pound spool of wire and I can run up to .045 wire.
No - thanks go to you, my friend, for lending it to me when I needed it. More than happy to return it full!

holeski

I got the outlet fixed today and welded myself up a nice axle stand so I don't have to be all bent over and stuff. The thing welds nice.