Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Ideas for my hoopty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as anyone who has seen it will tell you my bronco is a rust bucket. I've been told to junk it/swap bodies/put a pickup cab on it and so on. The last idea gave me another idea and I know I wouldn't be the first guy ever to try it but I'm not sure what to expect and am looking for some insight. It won't be started for a couple months but good planning can help quite a bit.

The idea:
Pull the bronco body off, use it for whatever parts I can for whatever driver/tower bronco I buy

Find a ranger cab, or cab and bed and chop the bed up and mount it to the bronco frame. I'm running a 300 six so the width there should be no problem and I think I could even cut the grill and pull the fenders in a little for more tire space up front. I'll have all the space I want out back.
The plan from there may get wild or just slap a little box on the back, a bit of roll protection bumpers and tires. I guess the cab mounting is the critical part of the plan and also the part I'm not sure how to tackle

ARCTIC_EXPRESS

scrap that rusty body
Well yeah that's pretty much the plan
I would keep the current body and sawzall the fenders out and install 40's with no lift. trim the fenders enough and you'll be cutting out most of the rust.
40's + TTB = Severe Carnage.
But it would be fun to watch and then I could sell you a solid axle.Big Grin
He loves his TTB for whatever reason. Big Grin
I can alway keep my eyes open in the insurance autions if you have something specific that you want. Just let me know. Also I have a 95 f-150 cab that is in good shape other than I busted the back glass when I moved it last, no doors

ARCTIC_EXPRESS

I have a good bronco body and a complete f150 cab doors and front clip
well maybe cutting fenders out would be a good way to buy me some time. But the floor is kinda rusty and the hood has holes right through it. I guess I have more thinking to do
Nothing like a Juneau rig!!

Stumblinman

Just throwing this out there.....

[Image: bronco2metro2.jpg]
Sweet!!!!!
Maybe a Honda civic wagon body? Those metros are worth tons of money right now. 50 mpgs will do that