Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Looking for Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

letemeatpete

I just purchased a new Rubicon. I traded in my 2004 TJ. some of you might have seen it (yellow with wilderness rear bumper and 33X12.50 baja claws with classis II rims). Anyways, i have a new jeep and I don't know were to start. I"m thinking lift kit and tires or front and rear bumpers. If anyone has any ideas on where you think i should start or if you have any items for sale that i could use to begin my new project let me know. I am prolly going to get with mousee on some bumper ideas as well as some rubicon express parts. thanks Pete

LowNSlowNeon

ive seen your old jeep.. I liked it. what color is the new one?
I have a set of 33 12.5 R15 BF Goodrich All terrain's that I'm selling for 350, if you're interested.

letemeatpete

It's white. I really wanted to get yellow, but they gave me a better deal for getting the one off the lot. I can always have it painted later if i still want yellow. But for now it will stay white. IT's starting to grow on me!

I don't know what upgrade i'm going to start with. I will let you know about the tires. Thanks

TJVigilante

Definitely 2-3" lift and 33's for the rubicon, put those 4.10's and 4:1 t-case to good use. Budget boost, body lift, and TJ's tires and you're good to go.
What's your goal with this rig?
Trail runs with the club?
If so, start out with things on the required items list. recovery gear, safety gear...
DD?
out of the posted options, go with the bumpers. lift/tires will hurt performance of a DD.
Buildup of a trail monster?
skip the smaller lifts and tires, and go with stuff that you won't be removing and reselling later. bumpers, skid plates, axle upgrades...

It all depends on where you plan to go with this thing. Need more info!
sevenslats Wrote:What's your goal with this rig?
Trail runs with the club?
If so, start out with things on the required items list. recovery gear, safety gear...
DD?
out of the posted options, go with the bumpers. lift/tires will hurt performance of a DD.
Buildup of a trail monster?
skip the smaller lifts and tires, and go with stuff that you won't be removing and reselling later. bumpers, skid plates, axle upgrades...

It all depends on where you plan to go with this thing. Need more info!

Well said.

letemeatpete

I definately want to be able to go on trail runs with the club. It already had tow hooks, and i have tow straps, CB, and first aid i kept from my last jeep. i was looking for the actual list of requirements to go on trail rides. But i couldn't find. Can someone help me out. I think i'm going to go with bumpers, winch, and skid plates first. I had a garvin wildersness rear bumper on my last jeep. I think I am going to get another one of those or see if Mousee can do something close to one of those. Thanks for the input.

If anyone has anymore input let me know. Thanks

LowNSlowNeon

White hides scratches pretty darn good!!....

:allrighty:

letemeatpete Wrote:It's white. I really wanted to get yellow, but they gave me a better deal for getting the one off the lot. I can always have it painted later if i still want yellow. But for now it will stay white. IT's starting to grow on me!

I don't know what upgrade i'm going to start with. I will let you know about the tires. Thanks
Required items are spelled out in the bylaws. There's a link on the hoomepage.
I have a Garvin rear bumper/swingout, and I love it. I get impatient with the screw-latch sometimes, but I'm lazy.
I still have the stock front bumper, I just added a radiator hoop and winch mount.
You're on the right track...