Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: 7.3 Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
91 Ford 7.3 oil leak on top of engine. Valley pan filled and running down front of engine?
1 possibility - isn't there an oil breather type of tube running to the turbo?

2. The very front of the engine, kind of built into the front housing - is,'t that the high pressure oil pump? That would make the most sense to me if it is coming from the top front.
The tanish thing with the sticker is the high oil pressure pump housing, no???

[Image: PA110118.JPG]

Here it is cleaned up - and you can see the turbo has two openings - one to the right and one facing this picture - and there is a black circular
opening to the left that a tube connects those two spots - just behind the fuel filter housing.

[Image: PC210340.JPG]

In this shot the pliers are sitting on top of the high oil pressure pump housing and you can see lines coming off the back of it.

[Image: PA160098.JPG]
Aha - I was a bit wrong... The tanish thing is a high pressure fuel pump that is gear run. It has a weak and notorious seal that tends to leak. A very likely culprit.
Mine is a non-turbo IDI engine, I think it is coming from the gear drive for the Injector pump.
It's very probable that you are right in where you think it's coming from.

You could get some oil dye and use a blacklight to see where it's coming from.