Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Leaf springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who runs flat leaf springs and how do they hold up to inverting? Anyone going to bite at this one?
ran stock springs over full widths on my yj, no track bar or sway bars. drove great, handled great, wheeled great, but I tended to overflex them and killed them quickly...
The Burb's springs are flat, did great on the RTI ramp, but need to reramp it to get pictures and a measurement.
AKMark Wrote:The Burb's springs are flat, did great on the RTI ramp, but need to reramp it to get pictures and a measurement.

When I did the SOA on my Old jeep I put brand new stock yj springs on front and brand new stock XJ springs on rear. both sat flat on on flat ground, I extended the bump stops to keep the springs from arching to much It also kept the 38"s out of the fenders, I comp cut it and could still rub if I would not have done the bump stops.
Sweeto!

I need to make some bumpstops, as I still have no lift and 36's.
Mark is the ramp at your house? I could use some time on it.
Not yet, but I may go and get it tomorrow.
Flat is better, they flex well both ways... My $.02
shane i have the ramp at my house. you can come by anytime. if i'm not here just use it. unless mark get's it first.
Cool, Thanks