Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: toyota
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hickman

you think a 4 runner that is not lifted would go were yalls jeeps would
and if not then would yall now how to lift it cheap?

gamble71

hickman Wrote:you think a 4 runner that is not lifted would go were yalls jeeps would
?

No :moon:

Get a bodylift... cheap... easy... all you'll need Cool
Yes, it will do ok. Save your money on the bodylift and lock the rear and buy some 32" mudders and you can do 90% of the runs AO does.

michaeljr5

I don't have a lift of any kind and I've been holding in pretty good. :allrighty:
what year runner?
anything over 31's and your rear end will explode:eek:

just kidding, I think 33's will fit on a stock 4-runner but 32's will flex and wheel fine for most trails, NBM hit most trails open with 31's back in the day of "little T"

hickman

it is a 96 toyota 4runner

hickman

does any on know the prices on body kits off the top of there heads

muddman

I have a stock 4runner other than the lincoln locker rear and mud tires and I did just fine on a couple of the runs ( thanks to mousee and 4 link ). Something else that would help that is free is to remove the front sway bar,I did this and I don't really see a difference. But I would recomend doing a corect lift just to cover my :moon:

gp_1

About $80-100 if you shop around for the body lift.

4x4_MMMH_4x4

i would swing away from a body lift... i will never ever buy one again... unless i have to clear a big block or some sort of tcase rotation...

jeepin_al

Toyotas look and wheel fine with a bodylift. That said, the 4 runner has some really good lift options out there (I am talking about IFS lifts here). I personally have had great ezperience with Old Man Emu in the past but they don't make "extreme" lifts. www.yotatech.com has some pretty good info. Good luck and happy wheeling.

4x4_MMMH_4x4

cough marlincrawler.com... buy the straight axle kit... you would have mucho cool points then...
It's a 96 with the tacoma style front suspension; coils over shocks, and rack and pinion steering. Just lock it, put 32s on and go. It you want to lift it, buy something older and lift that.