Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Build Day POSTPONED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hosting a build day at my place on the 17th, start around 10am, that gives the wife a chance to sleep in some. I have a pretty healthy assortment of tools, including air and a welder is available. There's enough room for three rigs in the shop at a time, (six if they are Zuki's).

Two things on the agenda for the day are

1. Front axle swapped and lift installed on my SAV

2. Work on the Club trailer/groomer

Feel free to bring projects as well.

This is subject to change without much notice.
nice disclaimer...

I will be in Anchor Point for a work related meeting.
sounds good. might put my rig in there if there is room. need to finish trimming the front fenders.
I'll help with the SAV, and I have a project over there already.
Fender trimming easy, you'll fit no problem.

If nothing else Tony, maybe we can move your project to a better location.
I will be out that way, I going to pull the rear diff on the zuk first. Then i will be there!

TJVigilante

Hrm...interesting. If someone's going to be there who's pretty skilled at electrical junk, I wouldn't mind fixing some wiring issues for different things and installing my winch control panel.

At the same time I can change out my Ujoints and unit bearings, and if there's time left I can re-plumb my air compressor. Whee. Oh, and I can help with other peoples' stuff too. Wink

I used to be all about wiring and electrical junk, but I think all that knowledge has been replaced with this worthless college stuff. :p
I'm pretty good with wiring and have access to places with all sorts of wiring schematics.

TJVigilante

Well specifically I want to hard-wire in my air compressor and fix the high-beam switching for my Daylighters...(I cut first and asked questions later doing it when I installed them >.<), as well as relocate the relay for said daylighters to my fuse box. All in all I want to clean up the auxiliary wiring under the hood and utilize in-cab switching so I don't need to bother with vise grips.
I'll be getting Maui'd, but hey if you guys run out of stuff to do over there I can bring some projects over so you don't get boredSmile
You're a funny guy
We can part out some jeepsBig Grin
I could take out some frustration on a few Exploders.

TJVigilante

any 4.10 disk brake 8.8's in the bunch? Wink
Build day postponed for at least two weeks.

Landlord has not come out or asked me not to work on anything directly, but has said something to the neighbors and I decided not to push it until after he's gone.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but that's the way it goes. I still may do my axle swap. I can completely hide that in my garage and he can't say boo, since it will be my vehicle being worked on.
Considering what happened at your last place, I think this is a smart move.
Let me know if you want to do a covert ops axle swap indoors, I bet we could pull it off without the landlord figuring it out....
I've decided to just wait until he's gone, so we don't take any chances.