Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Not wheeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems as though we haven't been wheeling much lately, and yes I include myself in this. Why is it? I know for myself I've been broke for a bit and as soon as I get the XJ good enough, atleast I thought, for a repp road run I break even more. For a while I had no time to wheel or work on anything. now I have some time to wheel or work on stuff but not both. Waiting on getting parts to fix my PS pump that brok off. Waiting on to get parts for an axle swap to happen or to find cheap parts to get my D30 up to snuff for some trail riding. I have a worn out transmission that nees attention but is ok for now.

So what's your excuse? Don't say cause nobody is organizing trail rides cause anybody can do that even if you don't know a trail.
I need to get one of my rigs running Sad
and I've been too busy with my re-modeling.
I had big plans to do lot's of wheeling immediately upon redeployment, but then quickly figured out I had a ton of other tasks getting the garage cleaned out and organized, prepping for winter, getting a winter 4x4 beater with a heater up and running (in Hindsight, I should have just spent a little more and bought one that already ran). That and I firgured out that right now what my family needs more than anything is just me...being there with them and not all in a hurry and stressed out...so I am chillin with them and still trying to get stuff done....

Got the taillight problem that prevented night wheeling figured out today.... just gotta fix it now. I have a lot of stuff to do to the Hummer, but it is very wheelable. Once I get my other truck running I will have more time for wheeling.

But then there will be the Battalion ball, hale and farewells, Christmas ball, and a bunch of other "mandatory" social functions that eat into my night/weekend time. then in the spring and summer I am sure we will start going to the field again.... I can't wait to get into some other unit that is not Infantry.... so I can have a little more "me" time...

TJVigilante

broke and broken (kinda)
I've had a messed up Burb, moved twice, and found myself jobless.

Nonetheless, these are just excuses.
My junk is in pieces.
I am finally in the process of getting something wheelable. Hopefully it will be ready in the next few weeks.
i have no excuss. i have hit the tails a few times but repp road was the only one with a club. ftww is boring now and is pretty dried up. i have also been selective about where i wheel. repp road will be one if not my last ride that i get the blazer so muddy. its getting cold and i need to power wash the underside. i need to try and keep it as clean as can be so i have no issues with shipping it. does this mean no more trail. NO but just selective trails. jakes run will most likely be my last run with the club and last run in alaska. but im always up for any thing. also like 93hummer i to had plans to hit the trails but family life took priority now factor a caribou hunt in for nov, going though all the crap i have aquired over the last 6yrs in alaska, packing ever stuff up to help the move that much more, money is a big factor, and well time for wheeling has to fit in there some where.
Busy! Not an excuse, a reality. Work has kept me busier than in the past - but it's a good busy.

Broken - the Blazer - my family wheeler - has been down for 1.5 years. It is easier to get away and wheel when you can take the entire family.

Skitzo was broke half the summer - it is running now - but has to be trailered... and I can only take one kiddo with me.

However, there is a remedy - plans for the Blazer rebuild are going well, as well the funds look like they are in line to match my rebuild plans! Sold the old plow blazer and funds are going directly toward Big Blazer rebuild!

However, the officers have also discussed this lack of wheeling issue and an officer will trail boss a ride per month for the next few months (5 = number of officers) So there will be trail rides to on.

We're currently planning a 33 mile run, Jake's run, and a solstice run.
Kev,

Post up a build date on that blazer...
seems like time and being broke(one way or the other) is the two main reasons for not wheeling right now. Seems like we need to post up some build days when we have time.

turboL

i dont have any excuses and lots of time availible. anyone ever wants to run call me just remember im running a 93 blazer with 33s nd a limited slip in the rear. 907 750 7323
Still broke from M&G but been running Kasi's rig as much as possible,

Excusses: New house, Moved, Money, time, builders backed up, family, wedding........Also just found out a new Woodrow is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJVigilante

Congrats!
boshos Wrote:Also just found out a new Woodrow is on the way!

Way cool for you! :yes:
turboL set up a ride sometime. anyone can do it.
Congrats Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!