Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Welding a Muffler...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LowNSlowNeon

So, my teg has a 4" fart can on it and it sounds horrible...

FBX Radiator and Muffler said it'd take 3 hours to cut my old one off and weld the new one on....:bad: Which equals to $250...

So, who can cut my old muffler off and weld my new one on?.. thing is it's a universal one.. so it has no hangers on it.. I guess we'd need to weld some hangers on it to hang it as well.. Of course I'll pay ya some dough. I just can't afford $250 and well the sound is annoying the hell out of me.
Call Mousee, Holeski or NBM. Any of those guys should be able to hook you up man

LowNSlowNeon

[Image: tip.jpg]

The new muffler.. may look funny to you.. but when it's mounted you can only see the tip for the most part.... and it's hard to make honduhs sound good with a big exhaust... it has a 3" tip rather than 4".. and is actually 2.5" inlet.... has the twin loop as well. (extra pipe)... The exhaust travels through the muffler two times then comes out.... Hence a quiter but yet good performing exhaust... (At idle it will sound a tad louder than stock)...

97cheepjeep

when I had my Protege5 I went to fairbanks rad. and muffler and they charged me 75.00 to cut off a stock muffler and weld on my aftermarket. Maybe you are asking the wrong thing. 3 hours is rediclous.

holeski

Just take it to a shop, it's worth it in the end. To much work to weld it on here, no lift to get under it.

jeepin_al

I have a small (90 Amp) welder and a cutting wheel. You can borrow them if you want, I odn't know how to weld yet.
[quote=LowNSlowNeon]my teg has a 4" fart can on itquote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't help it. I'd also check other muffler shops. Sounds like some one was trying to rip you off with that price.
Fairbanks radiaotr and muffler is good - they do good work. But I took a radiator in there two months ago to get a leak fixed - $40 done the next day. Last month I had another leaky radiator in a different vehicle (imagine that - my stuff leaking!) But the same fix and turn around they charged me $75! in a month the price almost doubled - and it was the same guy at the register!

My advice - go on a $40 day!
How's that - no deletion of useful information. Cool

gamble71

don't worry kevin.. I have the whole thing saved lol J/K

TJVigilante

weren't you saying how you were taking the whole cat-back off? who the hell put a 4" cat-back on an NA integra?

MrsLownslow

TJVigilante Wrote:weren't you saying how you were taking the whole cat-back off? who the hell put a 4" cat-back on an NA integra?
That's why it's called rice!:laugh::laugh:

And that's why we're fixing it to make it non-rice!

LowNSlowNeon

TJVigilante Wrote:weren't you saying how you were taking the whole cat-back off? who the hell put a 4" cat-back on an NA integra?
]

Not 4" catback.... just 4" tip... sounds like POOOO.

Gamble you need to quit stepping on my toes.. it's quite annoying.

naturalbornmudder

Quote:Gamble you need to quit stepping on my toes.. it's quite annoying.

I posted...
Quote: no gamble/LNS bickering. If this goes on, I'll delete the opposing posts. If you guys wanna have a pi$$ing contest, start another thread.

LowNSlowNeon

naturalbornmudder Wrote:I posted...

Yes, I read that...screw it delete the thread.. I got someone to help me.