Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: 4 door CJ7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AKLJ8

A good friend of mine down in Oregon is working on a streatch 4 door CJ7 project. He just sent me a few pictures.[Image: SideViewinGarage.jpg]
[Image: FrontBackView.jpg]
Sweet! How's he gonna do the roof? Make sure he sends some finals. Awesome original.:allrighty: :allrighty: :allrighty: :yes: :yes:

holeski

Wish I had that kind of time.

AKLJ8

The plan is to use the rear bulk head with the windshield frame to support a rear hard top. The front half will have a removable metal hard top. The rear windshield lower mid section is removed for a true 4 seat interior.

AKLJ8

holeski Wrote:Wish I had that kind of time.
Think long term here...Smile He's been at it for 6 months now and expect a few more years to go...

falcho

Yo...
It was easier for me just to buy a scrambler...thats a stretched 7 in the first place, or a gloriifed 6 if your memory serves lol
I do like motivated projects though. When we were Manchus on FTWW, a buddy of mine went to miller salvage, back when old man miller ran it, bought a duece and a half frame circa 45, put a 72 Ford fseries body on it, and powered it with a Buick 430 wildcat motor. One of the first monster trucks. We would drive it through Fbks, and the girls treated us like movie stars...it was sweet....he traded it for a sportster when the state troopers voided his title, saying the tailights were too high......bah....
Yeehaw...

AKLJ8

He was talking about building a 4 door CJ7 when we were in high school. I tried to talk him into a CJ8 but he had to build his dream. No problem with that. Can't wait so see him get it on the road...