Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Lucked into some parts in the paper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, rummaging through the local free Pennysaver newspaper the other day, I came across an ad for some Ford rear diffs. I called the guy thinking it could be a good idea to pick them up and at worse case, hang onto them for future use.

Well, to my surprise I got to Ford 9" rears (drum to drum) and a Ford 8.8 (drum to drum) and the guy threw in some lift spring packs and other misc. parts (just to get them out of his garage) all for $200. I thought that was pretty good...forgot how many cars/car parts were laying around in Maryland...

TJVigilante

bastage....
I'm still on the hunt for a Dana 300 for you and Nate. Have a few leads that I am going to track down in the next few days. I'll keep you guys posted.

Advent

AKJeeper has one laying around.
There you go Joe. If you're going full widths anyways, don't fit the D300 and then it will work with Chevy diffs. You'll have to run your exhaust down the driver's side and the t-case shifters will stick up through the floor on the passenger side (like a CJ) but it will work
lucked into some more parts. The guy that I bought the 8.8 from gave me a '77 ford bronco Dana 44 (possible new full-width front axle for my TJ)and some 6" lift spring packs for a Dodge full-size.
Sounds like a someone to keep on the good side of. :yes:

Advent

A '77 Bronco isn't full-size. That's the last year of the early Bronco.
even better. Throw my spacers back on there and be back to the same width or wider than what I am now.

4x4_MMMH_4x4

i think rob should keep an eye out for some chevy parts for me... jk... good to see you guys are still frequenting the board though... i might be going to denver here come fall time, maybe ill look you guys up
Sounds good Brandon, but looking us up from Denver might be tough...seing as how we are on the east coast!! kidding man....anything Chevy in particular you are looking for?? Let me know.

Went to pick up the 8.8 rear diff from the guy I talked you all about. Turns out that the front Dana 44 he gave me is a reverse rotation, high pinion version. It's complete hub to hub and in pretty good shape. I'll have some pics in the next few days to post up. Should be a pretty stout front axle for the Heep.

AKLJ8

Hey Rob...

How close are you to Ohio? Celina Ohio actually? Your along ways south arn't you?Sad

I'll be flying into Dayton the third week of July. The Amphicar club I belong to has a big meet that weekend every year. Something like 50 cars in attendance. This will be my first meeting with the guys from that club but there alot of fun. I plan on bringing back as many parts as I can pack in my suitcase!Smile