Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Alignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

michaeljr5

Need to know a good place to get an alignment done on the Monty? Any suggestions? Prices?

LowNSlowNeon

The #1 reply will probably be American Tire..

4x4_MMMH_4x4

agreed @ american tire, see mr anthony

michaeljr5

Well, I called Sears, they charge $65 for one. I'll call American Tires tomorrow. I'll be going to Fairbanks on Tuesday, so I'll go then if they are cheap enough.

akdsmer

The Front End Shop, although they aren't active on this forum. Wink

TJVigilante

At Sears, it's a good bet that you'll need shims, 55 bucks per side for that. I'd go to Ziggy at american tire.

michaeljr5

I just talked to Ziggy, $89.95 for an alignment. The Base service station charges $65.95. After the lady that bought my Danzig CDs pays me this afternoon, I'l have exactly $67 in cash.

XFactor

AT man...Trust me.

michaeljr5

XFactor Wrote:How long does the service station waranty thiers AT does it for 6 or 12 months. Something to think about if you hit a concrete barrier lol.

There are no concrete barriers in my future. With that said, I'll probably hit one tonight. I'll ask the base service station about warranty on Wednesday when I take it in.

XFactor

Shouldnt you do that before you go in?

michaeljr5

90 Days.
Shoot. If my alignment came with a warranty, I'd have it checked after every trail run!
Don't be surprised if you are told your vevhicle is about to fall apart after taking it in to AAFES. It's happened everytime I've taken them a rig. And of course, they include an estimate to fix it all. :nope:

XFactor

Call American Tire and ask whats up. Does AAFES remember your name when you walk in?

michaeljr5

Well, my wife just emailed me and reminded me that I have to register the Monty. So, so much for the alignment. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my tires to bad between now and when I can get it fixed.

michaeljr5

Thanks everyone. So, at this point, it's all budgeting. I'll get her in first chance I get.