Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Scrambler Rear Bumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AKLJ8

Looks real nice. Is that your spare? Or just a mock-up?

AKLJ8

sevenslats Wrote:Looks real nice. Is that your spare? Or just a mock-up?
Just a mock up... I have a set of 33" studed AT tires. I'll probubly put one of those on for now. Once I get the Stroker in I may go bigger tires and lower gears. Probubly nothing bigger then 36" though...

Chetnak

Man looking AWESOME:drool: :bowdown:
Awesome job Eric.
The reason I asked is because your hitch receiver looks inaccessible. It may just be the angle the photographer was at, but that my be a huge spare also. Confusedhrug:

AKLJ8

sevenslats Wrote:The reason I asked is because your hitch receiver looks inaccessible. It may just be the angle the photographer was at, but that my be a huge spare also. Confusedhrug:
Looking at the side view you can see the gas cans in front of the tire. I think a drop hitch would fit fine.
If nothing else, you could weld a new 2" tube underneath so the tongue will fit.

holeski

A drop hitch fits in there fine and that is a big tire. All I had with the same bolt pattern.

holeski

[Image: CJ8%20rear.jpg]

michaeljr5

:allrighty: Nice! :allrighty:

LowNSlowNeon

that looks GEWD!!

madmax

Great job on the bumper and swing out but now i get to nitpick,why the brake lights in the bumper and not backup lights?

holeski

The white LED's where $170 each with out plug or grommits.

madmax

Could you have cut the holes and put in some 55 watt lights then covered them with mesh for protection,don't take it wrong with the questions you did a great job that i'm sure i couldn't have done at this time.

AKLJ8

cj8 Wrote:Could you have cut the holes and put in some 55 watt lights then covered them with mesh for protection,don't take it wrong with the questions you did a great job that i'm sure i couldn't have done at this time.
I might do that down the road. The original design had the jeep tail lights removed with the tire on one side and the cans on the other. The design put the spindle in fron of the gas filler or out board of the jeep. So the cans were put behind the tire and the jeep lights remained. The bumper lights were kept sence the Jeep factory tail lights leeve alot to be desired...

holeski

I had got some white lite but they whre to big so I took them back.
Nice work, Eric. I likf it a lot. Got any close-up pics of the latch?