Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Tow strap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can you get a "good" price for tow straps? AK rubber & rigging is 75.00 for a 2" by 20'.
AIH has them but not much cheaper Just be careful not to get a lifting strap. For comparison I have the ARB one which cost well over $75. Those cheap ones from wally wold aren't too bad in a jam.
Denali Industrial supply has a huge selection of straps and D rings, never checked prices, though.
Hmm, I tried to look for the accessory kit a ebayed up in '06 and that company doesn't sell it anymore. It was awesome. It came with the bag, snatchblock, long strap, tree saver strap, choker chain, and some d-rings and i think I only paid like $120-$150 for the whole bag. I bet a guy could assemble a few kits and sell them for a profit if he put his mind to it.

Most "tow straps" come with the forged hooks on the ends and smaller loops. Cutting the hooks off and using d-rigns is the best thing to do for safety sake. The 2 straps that came in my kit are "monster edge" brand lifting slings. They have the stretch you need for a snatch strap, are reeeeally beefy, and have nice big loops on the ends. Best of all, that type of strap can be bought online for under $20...unless you get the ones that name brands have put their logos on, market as offroader tow straps, and mark up 200%...
akram Wrote:...be careful not to get a lifting strap...

There is static and dynamic webbing. Static = no stretch. Dynamic = stretchy. Some things that have to be lifted like fancy boats and such need stretchy lift slings to protect from the jarring of crane cables. Those make great snatch straps for the reasons I listed above. Like Mel said, though, watch out for lifting straps if they have no stretch because you'd break one pretty quick if you put some @$$ on trying to bump someone out of a hole.