Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Vehicle prep for tomorrow's ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

akdsmer

Let's post up what we NEED to get done for tomorrow's ride and those of us with some extra time can reply with an offer of assistance. I know of a couple rigs that need some TLC before the big rig...I mean big ride. Wink

LowNSlowNeon

Hm, motor swap..

Just kidding. I cant make the run anyways.. stupid work.

AK20

Good thread, I need to do a couple things...I'll be taking the truck to work tonight and doing them there, got my buddy who is riding shotgun tomorrow helping out tonight. So I'm good, but also means I can't help anyone else...
Well I do need to pull my front driveline and replace the ujoints as it is making noise in 4wd and I dont wont to grenade it on the trail, I also need to check my valvetrain as it is making ticking noise and dont wont to burn valves or grenade my engine on the trail, I then need to adjust my Holley carb as it is running way rich and kinda boggy. Also need to change the oil and check fluids as this thing has been sitting for a while. None of this is hard to accomplish just time consuming so I will be at it right after work around 4:30 if anyone wants to lend a hand, I really wanna run tomorrow.

XFactor

I dont have anything that NEEDS to happen for the run, but if anyone knows of a good place that I can anchor the X to so I can use a jack and try and straighten out my bumper so my rock sliders and exo will fit on it once again that would be very helpful :O)

canchaser

I need to disco the front and back but cant seem to figure out how to do it.....

XFactor

Im going to Mousee's tonight so I wont have time to help you, but if you meet up at the gas station a little early I will disconnect them for you. You should think about quick disconnects though.

canchaser

cool beans I'll get there a bit early then I gotta run back to the house and get brian cause our sitter doesnt show up till 7

XFactor

I can meet you at your house too.

akjeep

1. Hunt down that UPS guy so I have a steering shaft!!!!!!!

2. Put gas in leaky fuel tank. Move new tank out of way so I can back out of the shop. Or I guess I could put the new tank in. But that takes time.....

3. There must be something else..........Rolleyes

akdsmer

Can I get a moderator to move this to the general 4x4 forum? Hopefully you can see the reason.....

jeepin_al

XFactor

Moved

michaeljr5

Canchaser asked me to post up and see if Xfactor would stop by tomorrow at her house before the run to disco her jeep.

TJVigilante

I could use help paying for the fillup.....and I need to borrow the club fire extinguisher. I really should get my own.
I have a lot of little things...

drill some holes and insert bolts - washers and nuts would probably help them stay there longer...

Pack tools and food

Maybe install cargo-hold-downs so I can secure such items

Give it a big once over

fix broken exhaust hanger

etc...

XFactor

XFactor Wrote:I can meet you at your house too.

Tell Jess to read the thread lol

Advent

TJVigilante Wrote:I could use help paying for the fillup.....and I need to borrow the club fire extinguisher. I really should get my own.

I've got a spare you're welcome to. I had it mounted, but the mount busted in the landing that bent my axle.

I went to Sam's today to get a new battery for GIR (legal tomorrow! Yay!), but they couldn't get it exchanged until tomorrow afternoon Sad

TJVigilante

Awesome, where are you at, I'll stop by and pick it up....tonight work for you?

Advent

Tonight works for me, but my rig's on the other side of campus from where I'm at.

455-3309. I'm not heading to bed anytime soon.